Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

august04 2.0

If you criticised the team mid game then you look like a bit of an opinionated tit in this particular instance. Isn’t it just that simple.

Not sure there’s a debate to be had. Those who did it just need to wear the hat until the next game.
No, I don’t think it is. You may feel that way, and I would tend to agree with you in this instance - although I personally try to keep to the mantra “attack the post, not the poster”. Not always easy on here though to stick to that. Not sure the comments that I referred to should be coming from Forum Admins though. Just my opinion of course.

Finny

No, I don’t think it is. You may feel that way, and I would tend to agree with you in this instance - although I personally try to keep to the mantra “attack the post, not the poster”. Not always easy on here though to stick to that. Not sure the comments that I referred to should be coming from Forum Admins though. Just my opinion of course.
But they are referring to the post, not the poster.

Unless I’m missing a post you’re referring to they said “they look stupid”.
The only thing we can look at on here are their posts. So their posts are making them look stupid.
Which matches your mantra perfectly.

E.D.S.

For me , it's a case of post what you like within forum rules. If you want to go big and vent your frustration midway through a game, that ends up being wrong or misplaced, no big deal but a bit of humility wouldn't go a miss - admitting you were wrong or were glad you got it wrong - is always well received. It's a forum for like minded people who largely have the Devils interests at heart. If you can't vent on here about your team, where can you vent?

I think we all know the posters who are in too deep to back out and change their opinion and prefer to double down. It's bit cringeworthy but it gives this forum an extra edge and makes it more interesting, comical, frustrating - take your pick.

The 'ignore' function is there for a reason.

E.D.S.

If you criticised the team mid game then you look like a bit of an opinionated tit in this particular instance. Isn’t it just that simple.

Not sure there’s a debate to be had. Those who did it just need to wear the hat until the next game.
I get what you're saying, completely but by way of a challenge, isn't this the beauty of supporting a sports team though?? Turning to your mate you sit next to and saying how rubbish X player is, only for them to go and score a worldly game winning goal or in my case "here we go another pointless powerplay. We'll probably end up conceding" and we actually score. I don't feel like a tit at all. It's the rollercoaster of emotions supporting a team. Just look at Wannabe. He's the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows at times during a game. He's still there week in and week out loving and hating it but he's still ever present.

I use this forum as the virtual version of the guy/girl you sit next to you at a game.

Mooney#16

Barrow is starting to really impress me. He does so many small details right. His fore checking and back checking are very good. He angles players well, gets his stick onto the puck on the forecheck and is playing a physically disruptive game and opening ice for Ully and Arneil. He has things to work on like puck protection in the offensive zone and being a little more dominant in possession but definitely a player to retain as he still has his best years ahead of him. Very intelligent player though as proven on that assist.