Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

kingmo19.1

Maybe people need to wait until the end of the game before posting?

Quite a few posters have made themselves look silly once again on here. The game is 60 minutes long. Or based on tonight’s game, 65 minutes plus penalties long.

The aim before tonight would have been to win 2 points away from home against a team who were above us before tonight and above us the whole of last season.
Job done. 4 point weekend.
Thou shall not have an opinion or dare post anything until the game is over !!!!

What about the games that we’ve started well then gone even further behind ???

Chris

Administrator
Thou shall not have an opinion or dare post anything until the game is over !!!!

What about the games that we’ve started well then gone even further behind ???
I don't think that is what @Finny meant and you know it as well.

But there are posters who view everything in black or white terms, and it does look a bit stupid when you come straight to page #8 and see that we actually won this game.

And we won this game against a team that if you look at this same thread is better than us in almost all areas...

kingmo19.1

Well everyone is different - some get emotionally involved as the game is in play and feel a need to comment, others are maybe more measured and wait until it’s all over.

I don’t think there is a right or a wrong.

It’s a forum, let people post what they want when they want - if they the look foolish then so be it and that’s on them, but calling them out en-masse is pointless.

kettdevil1

Haven't gone through previous posts so apologies if I am repeating things but..... that was a character win against a good hockey team. Although our concentration dipped a few times, I thought we were good value for the win and interestingly Flames fans agreed which given their possession I wasn't sure they would. We are clearly not the finished article but what I like about this team is they are beginning to figure out ways to win. Decent atmosphere in the Spectrum (which there isn't always) and two closely matched teams made for an enjoyable Sunday.

It's going to be a decent battle for the minor places this year, Belfast are picking up a little but on the evidence of this weekend, we still look a better bet than them to be Sheffield's closest challengers, but we have to stop having moments when we completely switch off.

kettdevil1

I don't think that is what @Finny meant and you know it as well.

But there are posters who view everything in black or white terms, and it does look a bit stupid when you come straight to page #8 and see that we actually won this game.

And we won this game against a team that if you look at this same thread is better than us in almost all areas...
Maybe I will trawl through the other pages! Looking at the game as a whole, I am struggling to find many areas that Flames were better - they are a great passing team to be fair but defensively they looked a little vulnerable and both teams netminding was not the strongest part of their game. I am still not 100% certain that our D pairings are right but then .... we won the game so maybe I am talking nonsense :)

Finny

Well everyone is different - some get emotionally involved as the game is in play and feel a need to comment, others are maybe more measured and wait until it’s all over.

I don’t think there is a right or a wrong.

It’s a forum, let people post what they want when they want - if they the look foolish then so be it and that’s on them, but calling them out en-masse is pointless.
I'm not stopping people posting what they want. But if I think what they posted is stupid I think I am entitled to say that? How is it any different to posters claiming en-masse that our team is rubbish etc?

Too many people these days think they should be able to criticise others without anyone being able to criticise them back.

osh

Funny how some posters only post when we’re losing…….
Great fight back to take the game to OT and stunning from Wilde to win us the extra point b
very true…also, funny how ‘some posters’ mostly only post when we win, hardly ever post when we lose, or criticise the team when it’s clear to see they are playing way below expectations Eh ?
Well done Devils, a win is a win as they say, good 4 point weekend.

Mooney#16

That’s a hell of a weekend for Bode Wilde. Been waiting to see a player have the self confidence to put the team on his back. That penalty shot performance was next level skill set and I hope he can really start building around that. Scoring a penalty shot on a deke, backhand and forehand is mighty impressive.

august04 2.0

I'm not stopping people posting what they want. But if I think what they posted is stupid I think I am entitled to say that? How is it any different to posters claiming en-masse that our team is rubbish etc?

Too many people these days think they should be able to criticise others without anyone being able to criticise them back.
Absolutely no problem with any poster posting whatever they want and when they want.
I do think it’s a little unusual on here though for the forum admin to seemingly criticise posters who view in “black and white” and then look a “bit stupid“. Who cares as long as they haven’t broken any forum rules?