Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Devil94

+/- doesn’t tell the full story. Blake Thompson was +29 in league play yet majority of fans including myself thought he was shocking for us. Does him having a +/- of +29 mean that him and Crawford worked well?
Doesn't tell the full story always no, but gives a pretty good idea over the course of the season. Another thing about stats is that it doesn't have an opinion. So for example, if someone has a bias or opinion about a team or player, either good or bad, the stats are a more reliable source.

So to answer your question, I would say in reality, maybe Blake Thompson was not quite as bad as you think he was.

Pembo

Cov’s mentality since early season slump is something else. Almost unbeatable if goes into OT. Curran coming back has been inspired. Already has more points for Cov than Giants this season in league. The 8-0 game seems so bizarre. We didn’t really kick on afterwards and they did.

Wannabe2

We’ve been spoiled in recent times and overachieved. Why anyone thinks we have a right to be above teams like Guildford, Coventry and Glasgow is beyond me. Our rink only holds 3k people. We are in the middle of the pack in regards to income. As long as we’re in IAW, we’ve found our level which is mid table who can occasionally punch above our weight.
We have a thousand more fans than Blaze, we have free ice time, we sell ten times the merchandise they do, and we have 4 times therei sponsorship, how is that a level playing field.