Fiz 5+game check to head

Russky

The fact that no futher action has been taken by DOPs on this incident is proof that the DOPs is NOT as independent as the EIHL is trying to make out. Certain influences are being brought to bear on the DOPs panel by certain club owners. Had it been a Devils player being the perpetrator of this dastardly act I am sure we would have seen a lengthy ban. This is of course just my opinion, formulated from the facts of this incident.

Last edited:

Ocko

That check to the head on Lord was never worthy of a ban. The 5+Game or even a 2+10 was probably sufficient, I've seen much worse go unpunished. Lord didnt miss a shift either.

Russky

Lsst nights penalty count alone; 36 mins for Sheffield 6 mins for Coventry says it all to me and is some proof about the nature of Sheffields style of play. Dean Smith had a busy night last night. I hope it flags up at DOPs that he is a repeat offender and should be dealt with as such.

Last edited:

Earnie

Last night it was not a check to the head, it was a check from behind.
Anyway, as others have said before me, he is of more value to the opposition when he is on the ice!

BostonBart22

Last night it was not a check to the head, it was a check from behind.
Anyway, as others have said before me, he is of more value to the opposition when he is on the ice!
correct, i would rather fitzy play in games than sit them as he gives up to many pens which result in goals for the other side , just look at the games against us, the muppet cost his team 4 pts in total.

kettdevil1

That check to the head on Lord was never worthy of a ban. The 5+Game or even a 2+10 was probably sufficient, I've seen much worse go unpunished. Lord didnt miss a shift either.
Yep, that's how I saw it. Not a bright hit to make, I would have been up in arms if a Devil was banned for that.