Fixtures

Burgy said:
if you believe Mr Regans latest video that's our fault
what ragan actually said was fans didnt want ragan involved in fixture scheduling and so left it to francis and adams
all i care about is each player has given his all
expect same tonight and over weekend

Sheincar

discountedawaytravel said:
Burgy said:
what ragan actually said was fans didnt want ragan involved in fixture scheduling and so left it to francis and adams
Nice way to blame G & Franny. Somehow don't think they were responsible for the Belfast CC games.

Finny

To be fair to G and Franny, the Scotland Triple Header they arranged worked perfectly.
It was the Belfast game arranged after they left that we got hammered in. Unless we are suggesting that they should have known in advance that Belfast would want to play on that particular day?

We've taken 12 points out of 12 on two triple headers, with huge numbers of fans travelling and having a great time. From those comments are we unlikely to see any triple headers in future seasons?

Thread starter #10
I think the triple headers are fine as they are enjoyable and it cuts out the travelling. The CC game was an extra but the guys are playing tonight, Saturday and Sunday and, though they were give their all, it's quite a lot to ask of them.

Sheincar said:
Burgy said:
Nice way to blame G & Franny. Somehow don't think they were responsible for the Belfast CC games.
reign ya neck in i aint blaming anyone
didnt someone else say this date was only one offered to us by belfast giants so we didnt have much say in the matter

James

Administrator
Sheincar said:
Wasn't a go at you but at Ragan who you were quoting
In all fairness the fixtures were fine till the CC game. The triple header was asked for by a lot of fans, provided us a good weekend away and the Scottish teams some extra bums on seats. Belfast clearly took advantage of the fact but thats gamesmanship and you can't really criticize them for that. The damage was limited by flying the team from Scotland to Belfast but this year they are just too good anyway. Not sure anyone in Cardiff is to blame for the fixture congestion. One of those things.

drainage

Burgy said:
As far as I kind he wasn't .... And did leave it to G and poss Franny

It's gruelling and some get same some don't that's my issue ....when doing fixtures the crap portions should be evenly spread I get they have to happen but should happen to all teams equally

drainage

Sheincar said:
Burgy said:
No that would be winning through and having to fit it in and I believe Belfast declared date so we had no choice

drainage

Finny said:
To be fair to G and Franny, the Scotland Triple Header they arranged worked perfectly.
It was the Belfast game arranged after they left that we got hammered in. Unless we are suggesting that they should have known in advance that Belfast would want to play on that particular day?
Agreed from a fans perspective they got us triple header double header in Belfast and Sat games in Hull all popular with fans ... You get past CC games in lap of gods!

Chris

Administrator
I don't know if it works the same in the CC, but would the Giants have been seeded higher than us as well, meaning there wasn't actually much we could do about the potential dates they gave us?

drainage

Chris said:
I don't know if it works the same in the CC, but would the Giants have been seeded higher than us as well, meaning there wasn't actually much we could do about the potential dates they gave us?
That's my understanding and I don't think we get to challenge it reckon we should be grateful they let us move the second leg!

TheStub

What we really need a league fixture planning teams, not let the teams fight it out.

They should just give the fixtures out and teams largely lump it. Maybe allow a challenge to a fixed number of ties and pre-submit a few choice dates to improve gates.