Fixture changes

James

Administrator
jester said:
Happy days for me i'm over in Bristol the first weekend of the season, so the Giants game on Sunday looks a good bet, couple of questions.

A. is the rink easy to find ?

b. can i get tickets on the night.

c. Is there an "away" end

d Is it really that cold??
A) yes by public transport, quite well signposted by road
B) yes. Expect to pay a quid or so more than pre ordering tho
C) yes although rumour is it has moved
D) not really unless its January and snowing.

TheStub

Clare said:
DevilDom said:
I think the point is though that some people need to make arrangements in advance to attend games and can't just come at the drop of a hat whenever they decide to play.

Exactly. Lets hope theres more than 2 weeks notice for the next set of fixtures! Or then again, maybe they're planning to keep us all on our toes and see where our loyalties lie :roll: ;)
This year I thought the original fixtures list came out nice and early - and was quite nice for us. I'm not sure we can blame the league for the late drop out of Hull.

We can guess (or at least hope) that the league will keep the rest of the fixtures the same (except to make up these early changes).

So, may I suggest that you look through the rest of the fixtures and see if you can see yourself making the games. I agree with the long trip on a school night comment - but I'm sure you wont need to drive and can snooze on the way home.

James said:
Aye! Every other rink in the league has flippin' central heating! The tent requires 10 layers of clothing at all times!

TheStub said:
So, may I suggest that you look through the rest of the fixtures and see if you can see yourself making the games. I agree with the long trip on a school night comment - but I'm sure you wont need to drive and can snooze on the way home.
Snoozing on the way home at 11pm is not the same as just having a chilling night in doing the routine for work the next day before heading off to cwtch down in bed at 10pm! (Yes, I am a boring housewife :lol: )

Finny

Clare said:
Aye! Every other rink in the league has flippin' central heating! The tent requires 10 layers of clothing at all times!
Does it?
Most of the time I take my coat off as I find it warm enough. There were a couple of times last year though when the cold weather outside had an effect and it was freezing inside too.

James said:
jester said:
Happy days for me i'm over in Bristol the first weekend of the season, so the Giants game on Sunday looks a good bet, couple of questions.

A. is the rink easy to find ?

b. can i get tickets on the night.

c. Is there an "away" end

d Is it really that cold??
A) yes by public transport, quite well signposted by road
B) yes. Expect to pay a quid or so more than pre ordering tho
C) yes although rumour is it has moved
Thanks for the info will be driving over from Bristol, hope to have a great night, hope you lot dont ;) :D

Finny said:
Most of the time I take my coat off as I find it warm enough. There were a couple of times last year though when the cold weather outside had an effect and it was freezing inside too.
:? Maybe I just feel the cold then! Last winter was a particularly cold one though... I'm usually ok at the other rinks and in the milder weather. :roll:

Aye! P'raps I just dont jump up and down enough :lol:

Around Christmas/Jan last season we ended up sitting in the block next to the away fans quite often.. it doesnt seem a popular choice of seat as it was often half empty. The other blocks have been fuller = warmer though!

Huddle and shuffle...... like penguins! :lol:

I've been on holiday for a week so can I just confirm the state of play ? -

Hull pulled out of the league

New fixtures announced up until Oct

Hull back in the league

Fixtures have not reverted to original schedule and the fixtures showing until Oct are correct

- is this how it stands ?

I have just spoken to Andy French of the elite league and he has comfirmed that our game in belfast on the 9th October will not change and does go ahead :D

that's another fixture re-arranged for us then as we were suppose to beplaying Steelers away on Sun 3rd Oct.

Hope they sort out the full list of fixtures soon.

TheStub

Re: Re: Fixture changes

ledgend777 said:
that's another fixture re-arranged for us then as we were suppose to beplaying Steelers away on Sun 3rd Oct.

Hope they sort out the full list of fixtures soon.
I'm guessing that is one of the fixtures we are now playing in September. I guess they swapped fixtures over.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Finny

Hynod said:
Just read blaze website and they are showing as playing us on wed 1st september at their place?
That was the Challenge game re-arranged from Sun 29th Aug as the Blaze are now playing Tilburg on that day.