Fixture changes

Thread starter #1
Fixture changes announced on Panthers website involving Devils. September 11th now away at Panthers instead of the 18th, therefore the Dundee home game is replaced. Also the home game with Panthers on 26th September has been taken out no new date yet announced. Thats just the first month, could be a lot more to come!

ASHIPP

fanta80 said:
Fixture changes announced on Panthers website involving Devils. September 11th now away at Panthers instead of the 18th, therefore the Dundee home game is replaced. Also the home game with Panthers on 26th September has been taken out no new date yet announced. Thats just the first month, could be a lot more to come!

On Clan website:

For September for the Devils, so far:

4th September unknown yet
11th September Devils v Panthers in Nottingham
26th September Clan v Devils in Cardiff

Rempel16

Looks like Steelers have come into our Challenge cup group then? Blaze, Panthers, Devils and Steelers in the same group as it stands - ouch!

James

Administrator
I wonder why a challenge game unrelated to the league needs rescheduling.

On the plus side. Fingers crossed we might get a scottish double header away yet.

Thread starter #9
Rempel16 said:
Looks like Steelers have come into our Challenge cup group then? Blaze, Panthers, Devils and Steelers in the same group as it stands - ouch!
Steelers were always in our group from that start

Iam more concerned about the Belfast fixture on the 9th Oct, i've got 4 x flights booked plus hotel and know their is about 30 - 40 Devils fans also booked for this trip! :shock:

Finny

I was expecting one or two changes here and there, but they have almost completely changed. Instead of an 'easy' start against Hull and Dundee, we now start off away to Sheffield (who we play 4 times in the first month) and our first home game is against Belfast!!

One positive though is we do now get to see Braehead by the end of September instead of several months later.

steelers 4 games in 21 days. Not good, unless we can can the beating of them.

we all knew losing hull would leave some teams moving games around to suit the arena teams.

So are they basically re-doing all the fixtures?

Maybe there is hope for a trip to Scotland after all.

Steelers 4 times in one month? Wtf? Is it really that hard to spread the games arounds?

osh

Steelers 4 times in less the than 4 weeks is crazy. Its been the same for season after season, we end up playing the same teams many times and have to wait months before we see different sides. Whoever dreams up the schedules needs shooting. I get limited time to watch games and the season before last I saw the same opposition 3 times in a three week period ( I was only in the country for 3 weeks ! ) It just isn't right. All teams should have set schedules and play the opposition in rotation just like other sports. Can you imagine the public outcry if Man Utd played Chelsea home and away within a 3 week period ? Eamon Converey and his cronies ruining things as usual.