Fife v Clan tonight

Skippy

After the comments apparently made by Bannister at Breahead I really hope Fife win.

Apparently losing to Fife is unacceptable.

TheStub

Fife loose on penaly shots.

Breahead must be devastated by getting so close to loosing to Fife :lol: Bannister will reget that statement - looks like Fife again lost it in the third. When they fix the third period they will be a threat in this league. I can see Fife going from strength to strength.

TheStub said:
Fife loose on penaly shots.

Breahead must be devastated by getting so close to loosing to Fife :lol: Bannister will reget that statement - looks like Fife again lost it in the third. When they fix the third period they will be a threat in this league. I can see Fife going from strength to strength.
Clan were better in the first, I thought we had the better second and the third was probably about equal.

Our PP is dire but the SHG was a deflection which then trickled in of Cohen's stick. Just one of those things. We had a goal waved of, not sure why the ref waved it off, I'm guessing he thought it hit the bar despite there being no ping sound and it being right in the top corner where I was.

OT was equal and when I saw who was picked as our penalty takers, I knew we'd struggle. Galbraith's first penalty was a good finish but his second was a total mishit which, because of that, trickled over Zemlaks pad.

Stewart missed the deciding penalty shot (his second). Not sure what happened but Sumo then went and had words with him. Stewart then speared (not sure how hard, but he went down like a dying swan). Bannister left the bench to tackle Stewart and couldn't even do that as Stewart ended up on top of him on the boards. Both were sent to the dressing room but Bannister managed to get a couple of circles in in-front of the crowd, grabbing the badge on his shirt and thrusting it towards the crowd. :shock:

TheStub said:
Professional coach then?
Not quite sure how long he thinks 2 line hockey will keep them in games for? They get another Brit in but their third line I think saw 3 shifts all night. Out third line was out against their top line and never conceded a goal.

TheStub

Simms keeps going on about how well they recruited imports, and how they couldn't attract the top Brits - but they seem to be trying to get by on no Brits.

If you look the Devils team this year, there are so many key minutes being played by guys in their first or second full season it is unreal. With the local teams, and the development you'd expect from there, you'd think there would be young guys looking to make a name for themselves. The "young Brits" Simms talks about are time served EPL or EIHL guys. Breahead need to give true young Brits a chance if they don't have the ability to sign top Brits.

Drew - take a chance on some young guys. Look in the EPL, and even the lower leagues - you know it makes sense.

Lee Mitchell played on the first line for the Clan tonight and Matt Haywood played on the 2nd so I was told, both young British players. 2 imports per line with one Brit is the best way to get British players better IMO

freddieb said:
Lee Mitchell played on the first line for the Clan tonight and Matt Haywood played on the 2nd so I was told, both young British players. 2 imports per line with one Brit is the best way to get British players better IMO
Haywood may have had a shift or two but the second line was McPherson, Bayrack and Wirll. 1st line was Krestanovich, Galbraith and Mitchell.