Fife Flyers v Cardiff Devils - Sun 29 Oct 2017 - League - FO 6:30 - Chat/Updates

Gough60

Great road win.
Have to say I thought as a team we were stationary a lot of the time. Oh hang on
that was just the Shit webcast. Such a poor quality webcast couldn't tell how well we played,
though we did take all our goals well. PP worked very well. 2 points onward and upward.

Slartibartfast

Great performance by the Devils. Shite webcast from the Flyers.
From the bits I managed to see the passing was good, the work ethic was good and the lines were clicking. Just like the last few games Crowder stood out again.

matbur

I've hardly been on here lately or been able to get to the last few home games after falling ill, but what a welcome change seeing the team churn out winning performances again. The negative reaction a few weeks ago was as hard to stomach as the results.

Onwards and upwards!!

ASHIPP

This result so important for confidence of the team who were shortbenched again tonight and probably fatigued after last night. Great hardworking road win against a strong Fife team.

Hopefully this is the start of consistency and strong performances. This weekend showed the mental strength of the team not to fold when they went behind.

Thankfully only one game next weekend - could really do with the return of at least a couple of players now.

Rich Best

I feel very sorry for the negative crew who must be rocking in their chairs frustrated at home banging their heads against their computer screens just waiting for the next poor result that will fuel their engines and get them typing again!

A fantastic result, looked like it was built on hard work and team spirit. Crowder is shining for me now he is finding his feet after a year out, and great to see a couple of goals from Ulmer this weekend. I am very excited by the fact that we look a seriously good team as we are but have 4 outstanding players to bring back into the fold!

Gazza272

Great road performance I thought. We stuck to our task and ultimately outworked Fife to the Win.

Mo - Crowder - Lord is a line that teams just can't seem to find an answer to. They out work their opposition and get the puck in the right areas. Mo for me has shown exactly why the C on his jersey is so deserved the last few weeks, he has stepped up to get us out of our slump and is getting points on the board and has made crowder look 1000 times more confident.

Have to give props to Mark louis as well, who is ensuring we can run 3 lines by moving to the forward lines, but the confidence Lord has in him to put him in the D rotation in the last 10 minutes of the game has been a master stroke for me. And Louis has adapted admirably. I would always keep him as a D man, but it's good to know we have someone who can slot in when needed.

And finally Ulmer pops up with the game winner, and with 2 on the weekend I get the sense he is warming up again. Hope his confidence has gone up based on this weekend.

pjj365

And only 5 players do not have at least a point in EIHL? Given ice time/availability this is not bad.

Non point takers are
Rustkis, Buglass, Piggott, Strachan, Louis

Louis is the only surprise but gets on the board for CC with Moore taking his place as a 5th.

At the Q&A last week Todd said that it was all a matter of confidence as in all sport. Looks like he was right. Time to build on this and move forward. We will lose some games but the basis is there as was promised at the start of the season.

Lesson learnt I hope - never rush to judgment too early in the season

Last edited:

Wannabe2

2 great points at one difficult venue, Flyers won't lose many at home. After playing Saturday then that travel, well played lads everyone of you. Let's now start climbing that ladder to where we belong.

RTfarty

I feel very sorry for the negative crew who must be rocking in their chairs frustrated at home banging their heads against their computer screens just waiting for the next poor result that will fuel their engines and get them typing again!

A fantastic result, looked like it was built on hard work and team spirit. Crowder is shining for me now he is finding his feet after a year out, and great to see a couple of goals from Ulmer this weekend. I am very excited by the fact that we look a seriously good team as we are but have 4 outstanding players to bring back into the fold!
Just a shame that the league is already over for us... :rolleyes:

Ocko

Out of interest, can anyone post what our lines, d-pairings were yesterday?
We didn't have any set D pairings as we run 5 D and rotated all the way though until the last 10 minutes.

Forward lines were:

Benti - Martin - Pope
Lord - Crowder - Mo
Batch - Ulmer - Louis
Moore - Myers - Piggott

august04

The negative reaction was justified a few weeks back. The team was an utter shambles for a few weeks, with the effort not being put in either which is what most fans found hard to stomach. Remember, it wasn’t just posters on the inferno calling out the team, Lord did it too in post game interviews, as I’m sure others did behind the scenes also. Since then, the owners have strengthened the squad with a very solid, experienced D man (the real effect of which I don’t think we’ve really seen yet because of all the injuries) and obviously read the riot act to one or two (probably more in truth!). Since then, the desire and effort in difficult circumstances has been evident for all to see. If that’s there, not many fans will moan as I’ve said before, win or lose. Great win in Fife by the way, not an easy place to come away with the points.

matbur

We didn't have any set D pairings as we run 5 D and rotated all the way though until the last 10 minutes.

Forward lines were:

Benti - Martin - Pope
Lord - Crowder - Mo
Batch - Ulmer - Louis
Moore - Myers - Piggott
Thanks for sharing that, the result even more commendable considering how depleted we were.

Great results this weekend. Onwards and upwards. Some puck bunnies need to understand that calling out obvious issues is not being negative, anymore than the constant love fest for the team is being positive, it’s simply reacting to a situation. My opinions haven’t changed, win or loose l still stand by my comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gospel

You clearly havent listened to Lordo's interviews & Todd after those performances as they were critical to as were the owners. The team was playing poirly regardless of what you say.

Now the team have knuckled down & upped their game which was being asked for by most.

Rich Best

I think where us 'puck bunnies' get upset is with the posts and comments like:

1. 'We are out of the challenge cup' - when we were not, and we have now qualified :p .
2. 'We are out of the league'. Ridiculous! People said similar last year, and went all quiet towards the end of the season :p .
3. Calling out certain players and wanting them replaced so early in the season. This went beyond expressing a view point.
4. Questioning the coach and management either directly or indirectly, after all the success they have delivered the last 3-4 years.
5. General negative overreaction. Some posters who only post when we lose, rarely post when we win. Doom and gloom!

Some people, of course, posted in a constructively critical manner which is fine.

I think where us 'puck bunnies' get upset is with the posts and comments like:

1. 'We are out of the challenge cup' - when we were not, and we have now qualified :p .
2. 'We are out of the league'. Ridiculous! People said similar last year, and went all quiet towards the end of the season :p .
3. Calling out certain players and wanting them replaced so early in the season. This went beyond expressing a view point.
4. Questioning the coach and management either directly or indirectly, after all the success they have delivered the last 3-4 years.
5. General negative overreaction. Some posters who only post when we lose, rarely post when we win. Doom and gloom!

Some people, of course, posted in a constructively critical manner which is fine.
Don’t get upset, it’s only sport, it’s not personal. We are all fans at the end of the day for as long as we choose to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk