Fife Away Next Weekend: Travel Warning

Thread starter #1
I hope nobody minds this being posted on this Forum as well as "Away Travel" but it may help a few people!!

Just a warning to anyone travelling to Fife next weekend that major repairs to The Forth Road Bridge which were due to take place last weekend are now taking place next weekend. Although scheduled to finish at 3.00 each afternoon they may go on longer. Last time they had weekend roadworks there was traffic chaos for hours with some people taking over 4 hours to cross the bridge!

http://www.forthroadbridge.org/node/812

Thanks for the info.
Looking at Google maps its only a little longer to go via the Kincardine Forth Bridge. Does anyone have some local knowledge as to if that is a good or bad idea?

Going via Kincardine adds about another 30 miles onto your trip. The problem is that everybody ends up going via Kincardine which then causes delays in that area. However, I'd still go via Kincardine as at least your likely to keep moving that way.

Thread starter #4
I think the Forth Road Bridge had major roadworks for our first game at Fife earlier this season. Once news spread about the Forth Road Bridge delays, everyone began diverting to the Kincardine Bridge leading to one hour delays on this route, which was still a lot quicker than the Forth Road Bridge!

If you can access Twitter whilst travelling then www.twitter.com/forthroadbridge has updated info, or if you search for "forth road bridge" on Twitter you'll find thousands of Tweets from angry motorists telling you how long it has taken them to get over the bridge!