Faulkner out for season

fenderbassman said:
suggest ,devils fans do not travel to away game in belfast,,,..giant,s should issue a full appology and pay for faulks treatment and replacement ,also be banned from eihl for season,,,,,,
Can i recommend you buy a new keyboard, I think your , key is broken. Either that or go on a finger diet.

drainage

nmase20 said:
fenderbassman said:
suggest ,devils fans do not travel to away game in belfast,,,..giant,s should issue a full appology and pay for faulks treatment and replacement ,also be banned from eihl for season,,,,,,
Can i recommend you buy a new keyboard, I think your , key is broken. Either that or go on a finger diet.
On the plus side the comma button works !

Shame the brain attached to the fingers that pressed it doesn't have same ability!!

ASHIPP

Mac has tweeted that the doctors have told him 100% recovery from this injury after surgery.
Fantastic news for Mac....all the best on the road to recovery.

Earnie

ASHIPP said:
Mac has tweeted that the doctors have told him 100% recovery from this injury after surgery.
Fantastic news for Mac....all the best on the road to recovery.

Best news this week without a doubt. Good for you Mac. Just sign the dotted line early will you?

TheStub

Diafol said:
Great news.

I hope the club are doing all they can to get Mac signed up for next season.
Being slightly sunny side, at least a season ending injury will reduce his salability in the market and increase our chances of signing him at a decent rate.

Totally sympathise with losing a player long term,it sucks big time especially someone of the calibre of Faulkner.We in Belfast have lost our top point scorer Fournier and our best defensive D man Colbert to season ending injuries caused by totally illegal hits.We also lost Sandrock for a long peroid of time caused by one of your players in another illegal hit missed by the on ice officials,and also ignored by the subsequent disciplinary commitee headed by Simon Kirkham.Kelsy Wilson two handed slash an oppenant and escape with a small ban and Stewart is banned nine games on the evidence of a video that shows next to nothing.If this league is to move forward,It needs to to implemant the rules fairly and properly and not just guess what happened in any given case.I don't have any confidence in decisions or punishment set by the EIHL.I struggle to find how they come to decisions.

I don't know what Stewart did or didn't do during that game,but based on the video shown I fail to see how Kirkham came to such conclusions which warranted such a lengthy ban given past disciplinary decisions to other indiscretions.It seems he has a different precedeture each time depending on which team is envolved.

TheStub

whitevanman said:
I don't know what Stewart did or didn't do during that game,but based on the video shown I fail to see how Kirkham came to such conclusions which warranted such a lengthy ban given past disciplinary decisions to other indiscretions.It seems he has a different precedeture each time depending on which team is envolved.
My guess would be "we looked at the video and the idiot was acting in a dangerous manner every shift, we can see very clear evidence of the first match penalty and enough evidence of prize stupidity to give him zero benefit of the doubt for a hit which resulted in significant injury".

They are sending a message. Stewart's hits were not isolated, hot headed plays. Every shift he was out to make these plays. They league are sending him a message. Good on them. The way he was playing I'd have hoped the league give a Raffi Torres.

cf The Devils supposedly illegal hits. If they are picked up on video they should be reviewed, but having seen his which have lead to suspensions to our players this season they have all been in isolation. One off plays with shifts in hoodies and events that make an isolated illegal hit, that was an example of that players overall style of play on that game.

Now before you stat mewling please step back and make a trained response. I know it is tempting to want to sob about being victimised.

If this had been a reversed situation, whilst not happy with losing a player for 9 fans I would support the league in this. Two hits that were upgrades to match penalties? Taking another player out for the season? Personally I'd feel lucky to not have lost the player for the rest of the season.

P.S. I'd like to thank the Giants fans for totally throwing away any moral high ground.

+ 1, you have to be at games like this to feel the tension and to see all the shifts stewart but in to get it, you simply can not make a true judgment on 2 clips of video with out seeing the full picture so to speak.

Finny

TheStub said:
P.S. I'd like to thank the Giants fans for totally throwing away any moral high ground.
But they still think it is only Devils fans who whinge about bans. They can't even admit they are doing it now.

Fubar

fenderbassman said:
go one better..attend the game but go out and nick all their flegs in the period break. The place will go into meltdown :geek: