Fan forum 19th Dec.

Hynod

Thread starter #1
Sorry if there is another thread but couldn't find one, Finny I noticed you mentioned on THF that there will be a fan forum on 19th Dec to discuss the future of the club. Have I missed the press release on this? Do you have a link?

:DWD Cool smilie PS

Gazza272

Very worrying to have a fans forum this close to christmas. part of me is hoping its just a way for cudds and nina to talk to us for the first time to tell us what they are doing and whats coming up.

A Bigger part of me knows this simply wont be the case :|

wildthing74

After Ragan buying Steelers last year it put a massive dampener on my Christmas I don't know if I want to hear any possible bad news again so close to the holidays :lol:

TheStub

I'm worried about this - we really must be skating on thin ice (and I'm not talking about PI here).

With the team giving the goods on the ice, we really need to do everything we can to get the club on an even keel. Personally, I'll feel a lot better bringing fans to see that team than the team we have been seeing up to this point.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
I'm worried about this - we really must be skating on thin ice (and I'm not talking about PI here).

With the team giving the goods on the ice, we really need to do everything we can to get the club on an even keel. Personally, I'll feel a lot better bringing fans to see that team than the team we have been seeing up to this point.

Thats such a false economy though. Bringing people to a team that isnt up to scratch (not that i buy into that view point much from what i have seen) means that they dont get a chance to see a Devils team in the future.

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
TheStub said:

Thats such a false economy though. Bringing people to a team that isnt up to scratch (not that i buy into that view point much from what i have seen) means that they dont get a chance to see a Devils team in the future.
That was my point really.

Anyone who saw that team last night will be back again. Play like that every week, and we will fill the tent.

I'm tempted to try and gee up people in work to get them along on the weekend - though I am nervous we will turn in a sub-par performance again.

osh

Would love to post positive vibes, but I have to say I fear not only for the club's future but also for the future of the EIHL in its present state. Common sense tells me its almost impossible to sustain the running of a business like the Devils with the lower than normal attendances we are getting. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
Very worrying to have a fans forum this close to christmas. part of me is hoping its just a way for cudds and nina to talk to us for the first time to tell us what they are doing and whats coming up.

A Bigger part of me knows this simply wont be the case :|
Listen to the biggest part of you, also Santa,s passport has run out and he cant leave Lapland, and the Tooth fairy can only deliver to Belfast, Nottingham and Sheffield this year. Other than that everything is just HUNKY DOREY.

Finny

wildthing74 said:
After Ragan buying Steelers last year it put a massive dampener on my Christmas I don't know if I want to hear any possible bad news again so close to the holidays :lol:
We're buying Coventry.

DevilDom

Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2011/12/06/ice-hockey-fears-grow-for-uk-hockey-as-figures-fail-to-add-up-91466-29900539/
That sounds ever so slightly more positive than I was expecting. We will see the season out and will build for next year. 8 import hockey seems fine to me especially with the young brits we have coming through.

Lets all get out and get as many people to the game on Saturday!

DevilDom said:
Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2011/12/06/ice-hockey-fears-grow-for-uk-hockey-as-figures-fail-to-add-up-91466-29900539/
That sounds ever so slightly more positive than I was expecting. We will see the season out and will build for next year. 8 import hockey seems fine to me especially with the young brits we have coming through.

Lets all get out and get as many people to the game on Saturday!
I'll second that!!

We have a strong ENL team at the moment as well and lets be fair, how many of them would turn down the chance to play at a higher level!?

I think Paul Ragan is missing a rather obvious possibility though. lower the ticket prices. People can't afford to come week in week out unless they have a season ticket when the ticket prices are £17.50. Even if they knocked £1.50 off them, it's better than the current price. We're not going to get more bums on seats unless this happens or the Devils start winning and the submarine fans come back (you know, the ones who only surface when the team is doing well and then don't want to know otherwise!)

Martynwo

I believe any drop in import numbers is maybe an answer to the continuing loss but it will not win trophies.
For instance, very simply, excluding MBA enticements etc..
The Devils will budget the number of imports to their projected average attendance = 1600 * ticket price = 8 CHL / OHL / College level etc
Belfast / Nott / Sheff, 4500 (+) * ticket price = 8 AHL / ECHL / ex NHL level

If a strict wage cap is enforced and audited, depending on the cap, then it's clear that Belfast, Nott and Sheffield will make their owners a profit.

However if it is not enforced then we are back to square 1.

I haven't included Brits, clearly with more slots open for Brits it will help to develop the game but the top brits will become even more an asset at a higher price.

Summary, Enforced and Audited wage cap = stability for "2nd tier" Elite teams and profit for others