Fan Council

Electro

So no helpful suggestions - you just want to moan about what is currently offered.
Not at all.

What is the point of having a council if you want suggestions on here.

I'm just merely giving an example of an event that is being repeated, maybe just maybe new ideas could be put forward and with a bit of luck the council will comprise of open minded members, with a lot of luck it will not suffer from the usual responses by certain members here on the inferno who, frankly are a bit sensitive and emotional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mazza03

I can agree there but at the same time i don't. Wouldn't a not so regular fan also be able to point out things regular fans might miss. (not that I'm saying they do, just using that as an example) and does only ST holders reflect the opinion of the whole fan Base? Anyway what games I can't attend I watch online or follow MNL. :)

Looking forward tonight! :)
Why not apply anyhow stating what you have said here they can only say no and may value your input.

drainage

Why not put up suggestion boxes in various noticeable positions around the arena and an online one so all fans can have an input? Empty them out at the meetings, discuss the sensible ones, discard the crap. As electro said, a monthly meeting could result in ideas/input becoming stale or repetitive.
My thoughts were similar I think there may be more volunteers than spaces and people who can't / don't want to volunteer but have some ideas to air. They need a channel to gather everyone's thoughts suggestion boxes, e mail account , forum thread whatever it is as long as everyone knows who/how to get ideas in all will be good

Also I hope there are minutes/ updates circulated I think the way the club is run is fantastic the openness of Todd , the interaction of the owners etc be good to see the same from those who volunteer on fans /clubs behalf and get updates

I personally feel the current assistants at the rink do so to carry favour with the team/management .... And it is a bit of a closed shop. I didn't realise there was stil a supporters club, I thought that there was only Red Army Travel ?

I am not a season ticket holder but do attend when I can, I have emailed about a position on the council despite lacking the qualifing reasons to join. if I hear back I will start a thread and any reasonable ideas I will put forward :)

jimmy snels

A suggestion my father made to the club and no one came back to him about:
At the cricket you can by an ear piece to listen to live commentary. This allows you to listen to the discussions on sky sports about what just happened. Now with us you've got icetime tv. so there is commentary available. As a newbe you would have the game explained to you as it went along! I as a long term member would be intrested in it as im not mega on the shouting and screaming in all games and would be intrigued as to how someone else was seeing it. They sell these for about 8 pounds at the cricket which im sure would pay back and transmission costs in very little time. i suspect it would also be inexpensive . just a suggestion if anyone fancies it.

Diafol

The guys at IceTime loaned us a wireless receiver pack at the start of the season so my wife could listen to their commentary instead of having to put up with me trying to do it (she is registered blind and relies on me to follow the action).

It worked brilliantly for 2 games then apparently the receiver went belly up and that was the end of that.
Fair play to the guys for trying it though.

However from memory the receiver pack they used (if I'm thinking of the right one) costs at least £80 per unit, so maybe they use a different system from whatever is used at the cricket ?

I'd love to try it again though if it ever became available, it also stops the people around me from wishing I'd shut up :p

Electro

I am not a season ticket holder but do attend when I can, I have emailed about a position on the council despite lacking the qualifing reasons to join. if I hear back I will start a thread and any reasonable ideas I will put forward :)
I like your enthusiasm .

I would consider doing the same, but have been told several times on here that because l don't watch Cardiff regularly my opinions don't matter.

I like your enthusiasm .

I would consider doing the same, but have been told several times on here that because l don't watch Cardiff regularly my opinions don't matter.

Shouldn't matter a fan is a fan! I know season ticket holders who don't attend every game so same could be said there lol everyone's opinion matters.

matbur

The live commentary headsets are a good idea, would they dilute the atmosphere though with a lot of people engaged in watching and listening to the game?

Definitely something to consider though for those with disabilities.