Evan Mosey

Swarley

Surely if he’s going anywhere for money he’d head further afield than Sheffield.
Depends, Sheffield seem to have very deep pockets this season, even with the "wage cap" wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they said they'd pay anything to have him for a season, hoping I'm wrong thpugh and he either stays with us or if he does leave its to a higher league.

Thread starter #22
Here's the problem - so many different versions of what happened. I won't presume to know the truth. Hands up: I haven't heard the podcast and his side of things. I have been told that the deal was agreed and then he went back asking for more money. But who knows - I'm sure Evan does.

But to me in any even after the way the Devils stood behind him with his injury...to then sign for the Steelers...it still smarts.

Nothing wrong with being a mercenary at this level of sport - it's just that I won't love them the same way I would another player. I didn't warm to Blair Riley for the same reason - I still celebrated his goals, but I didn't get his name on a jersey etc etc.
If we remained with 3-line hockey next year I wouldn't pick Mosey over anyone currently here.
In reality there will only be a few people that actually know the ins and outs of what happened with EM and he may have missed out a fact or two when telling his side of it.
In his position, without a team, and you have offers from Fife and Sheffield for instance, no way are you choosing Fife.
He hasn’t got lifetime alegencies to Cardiff or Nottingham.
I know there’s a love in with Riley Brandt but Mosey all day long for me.

Mazzoak

It's all about ambition with any sportsman.
As you say it doesn't always pan out but for every player that has failed there are players who have succeeded.
If they don't try they'll never know.
Carruth came from higher leagues to Cardiff, he was denied because he’s got a reputation for losing his marbles in games. Although l guess Wales has chilled him out a little. I can’t see him going away from the U.K. as I’ve heard he really likes the U.K. hockey set up and fans and he’s really enjoying it, which is fantastic and I hope Cardiff can keep him here for many years.

moggy#9

It's probably a bit early fort the wishlists to start coming out in public. I'd be quite happy to join the madness the day after the play offs are over, or to just discuss in private.

Kevlar68

And we know that signing announcements are always the build up to the new season even if they have signed at the end of the last.

Pembo

I know one Defenceman we’ve resigned for next season and I guarantee you, you will be delighted!
Welcome back Gleason Fournier!! (????). Finger crossed we can hold onto a bunch of the guys TBH, bedding down nicely. I really hope we can hold onto the Cox, Coughler and Sanford line indefinitely, it feels like one of the hottest lines in Elite League hockey at the moment. Sanford and Cox have adapted to pro hockey & our league so well and Coughler has been a revelation since he arrived.