ENL Sunday vs chieftains

Skippy

From the info passed to us by the ENL coach -

FO 7PM Sunday 11th September - Entry £5 Adults or £3 Adults with a season ticket and £3 Children

DCF Kids and management free entry

Ger-Devils

Good game but shame on the loss.

Too many pens cost the team I think. Chelmsford tipped for the league? Not so sure really.

Lots of positives still to take from the game and hope the team realise that. Good size crowd down there, would be good to see more make it down

Thread starter #25
Enl showed some good stuff some silly penalties which cost us the game . Look forward to Sunday which I could go Milton keynes but I'm working . Our first line looked awsum

Enjoyable game last night, both teams hitting the post in the last minute of a one goal game!
Your right about the positives. Some really good hockey being played, especially considering this was their first outing as a team this season. Cheiftens have some work to do to be title chasers IMHO. Surprised to see Poper icing, welcome addition tho. Brabon played a blinder.
Having all those penalties, especially the 10s, hit the Devils hard tho, specially losing Piggot for so long. A bit more discipline maybe needed but some of the calls looked harsh. The refs particuarly pedantic it seems when a D-man is one on one with a forward.

Bring on the Jets.

Brabon in disguise, wearing Piggots old top (I'm not sure Piggots on the roster this year either, I've left my program at home but the backup wasn't Piggot either)

The ENLs don't seem to have much of a kit budget it seems as they're in the same shirts they've been wearing for the last couple of seasons with people adopting old shirts/numbers. I guess we'd best get that sponsor grid filled in.

Really enjoyed the match last night. I think the PIM's ultimately led to the defeat but still...great fun and less than £10 for the three of us. That really is amazing value for money!

Really enjoyed watching Brent skate. Proves you don't lose class / skill or the ability to wind up refs! Just looking through the programme. I see that he played 6 games last year with an average of 12 minutes in the penalty box per game.

He is well on his way to beating that average PIM already! :lol:

Seriously though...go watch these guys. I think they will have a very competitive team, if, as suggested, the Chelmsford team are going to be the ones to beat this year.

Really recommend a visit. I will be going to watch more often than not this year, that's for certain. :D

Well Brabon did have a good game then.Brent played well when he was on the Ice but spent to far to much time in the box.Thought Stoney was the stand out player to be honest.

got to agree with you on that one, started well but pens killed us, one question
where was manny ?, did not ice at all, brent never came off , thought he would have come on when the d started puffing, :?:

ENL Devils caught up in the Rhino backlog too then?
Look forward to seeing the new shirts.

I didn't see much Manny either. Was it him that got the 10 minutes at the start or Dixon?

It was Brabon who played, wearing Piggott's shirt. The Rhino shirts are a couple of weeks away I hear, so the new players had to wear shirts with names taped over.

Good to see Brabon have a good game, confidence is key for goalies and hopefully this will give Brabs a boost. Ross Piggott is injured, having taken a puck on the ribs that collapsed a lung! Takel has been called up from ENL2 where he had a v good season last year. He even had to make a 2 min cameo as the pedantic ref made Brabon leave the ice as he crossed the blue line during a whistle break to collect a water bottle from the bench!

Too many pens seem to have cost the Devils the game but to lose out narrowly against the league favourites (who have already played a few games together) certainly can give the guys heart that they will be competing with the best this season. Very exciting to see if these young players can gel and push the ENL 'Big 4' budget teams!

What an opener! and this against a team tipped for the league title?
just a shame we came up short and from what I saw too many penalties cost us. At one point i thought we'd have to go for planning permission to extend the penalty box cos there were so many in it. ;) But saying that lots of positives to take from this one to.

Gave Takel a big cheer when he came on as well!!

Also be glad when the guys get their jerseys as I was getting mixed up with the new signings and all.

Sooo close :eek: Great start to the "long awaited" season. There were some new players that stood out (dont know who they were as no names on shirts) but I'm sure we will in the next few weeks :p Overall the team played really well against one of the top 4 teams and look very promising. Was pleased initially to see Pope as I see him as one of the "legends" who knows what he is doing but then couldnt understand why he caused so many penalties. I still dont know the rules particularly 10 minute penalties. I'm sure I must be missing something!
Also brilliant turnout. It makes such a difference. The team were good, the lights and music was good, cant comment on the refs as dont know the rules, the crowd were loud and loved the photos :p The ENL season has started whoop whoop :D

Diafol

I went down for this last night and really enjoyed it despite the defeat. Very entertaining.
Didn't get to see much ENL last season but will certainly go to more games this time around if I have the time.

Good to see a fair-sized crowd too.