ENL Devils v Redskins

Thread starter #1
Looking forward to Saturdays game when the Devils face up to the Redskins. Judging on their away support last season they'll be making noise.
My guess.....The Devils will be up for this one!!
GO DEVILS!!

Should be one hell of a game.

Streatham have signed a very good team this year, in their first two fixtures they drew with Invicta (last year's league winners) and beat Bracknell (last years playoffs winners).

However Cardiff had a 100% home record last year in the league!

Ger-Devils

Puckaholic said:
5-4 to the Redskins :( Cracking game though, few scuffles, and everyone has to pay now except DCF Juniors
They should pay in my view. Ice costs, paying for refs + mileage isn't cheap and hiring buses etc so it all adds up.

Not much really for some good entertainment.

I enjoy ENL hockey. It feels more real somehow without the usual game night noise, you can actually hear the skates on ice and feel the hits.

If they are going to be more competitive, the extra money will need to come from somewhere. I think it's well worth £2.50.

Thread starter #10
Enjoyed the game.
Felt the 1st period was scrappy (not having on ice practise helped). 2nd period The Devils showed what they can do. Upped the pace and got the goals. 3rd period threw everything at the skins bar the kitchen sink but couldn't find the net.
The guys are away to Oxford tonight and need to keep focussed and grab those away points!!
GO Devils!!

Figuring the ENL Devils are cash strapped there should be no issue of paying. After all there 's not many places you can go and get an evenings entertainment for £2.50!
Obviously more cash is the answer, to buy players but surely bums on seats is a big part of generating cash. That said the rink from where I was sitting last night didn't look half full.

Ger-Devils

The Snab said:
Enjoyed the game.
Felt the 1st period was scrappy (not having on ice practise helped). 2nd period The Devils showed what they can do. Upped the pace and got the goals. 3rd period threw everything at the skins bar the kitchen sink but couldn't find the net.
The guys are away to Oxford tonight and need to keep focussed and grab those away points!!
GO Devils!!

Figuring the ENL Devils are cash strapped there should be no issue of paying. After all there 's not many places you can go and get an evenings entertainment for £2.50!
Obviously more cash is the answer, to buy players but surely bums on seats is a big part of generating cash. That said the rink from where I was sitting last night didn't look half full.
Around 200 there maybe more? It's not bad. Devils last year were punching above their weight which was great to see when they competed with teams who paid alot of their players and had some imports in etc.

That Redskins team last night had 15 new players in! Few imports etc. The team the Devils stuffed last year are mostly now playing ENL2 which our enl2 team lost 5-3 last week.

Yeah, i thought the Redskins looked a completely different team from last season. I didn't realise that was because they were! :shock:

Exciting, close contest and some excellent hockey from both sides. Devils seemed to go a little flat in the 3rd tho.
Also, their netminder (although efficient) had a pretty weird style, waving his stick around and stuff.

Go devils!!!

Anyone know why the score hasn't gone up on the EIHA website yet even tho the rest of the weekends scores have? Just a clerical delay or something more serious?

Nothing serious to worry about here, just that the gamesheet hasnt gone in yet! although as far as we are concerned it doesnt really matter if there WAS a more serious reason as we are getting 0 points from the game as it is!

Edge of seat stuff on Saturday, a good comeback for the ENL boys followed by a comeback from Streatham. I believe the Oxford game last night was also a nail biter with the devils equalising in the last minute!?

Although £2.50 this year for ST holders i still dont think is much to ask for, to be fair i think many of us ST holders from last year would chuck the full £4 in anyway for most games! We really should get behind these guys, especially on days when there is no Elite Devils to go watch (such as saturday) good way to get an evenings hockey fix and check out some future talent!

Thread starter #14
The devils had a 5 all draw but as I understand it a sixth for the Devils (Piggott) was disallowed and is being contested! So it may yet be a winner!!
GO Devils!!

Yea. I had look on the EIHA site and found no score.

More bums on seats would be great and creates a better atmosphere and its good for future sponsors.