ENL 1 Devils 4- 2 Bristol Pitbulls

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #1
Just got back from the game after a long drive back due to j24-28 being shut so it added a bit of time to the journey.

1st period was very fiesty with some old friends on either team and lots of pens dished out it wasn't a dull period. Devils had a lot of pressure with 8 shots in the 1st and converting after lots of pressure- scorer Dixon.

2nd period was still fiesty and the pens were kept being given and this brought Chris Hart to be thrown out of the game- Unlucky really as the guy was falling by the board and Hart had committed himself.

Devils put 3 quick goals up from dixon, Jamo and 1 other(sorry forgot who scored it).

The game had taken about 1 hour 50 to finish 2 periods!

3rd period was kept under control by the Devils until 2 point shots got them back into the game at 4-2. More pens were given and game came to a close.

Jamo had got himself thrown out a little earlier for an alleged headbutt.

Overall a good performance for the team and worth their win.

Also good to see Armour winding people up and doing what he did for us last year. Also good to see Crispy in net and playing- few games and he will be a lot sharper after such little ice time lately. One thing we can't knock from now on is our tent, its lightyears ahead of the Bristol rink but still a decent pad. Ok we can still moan about our own!

Glad we spent the few £££ to go watch it and make up for the Devils defeat in sheffield!

Mark666

Enjoyed the game. Good gritty performance by the guys and some quality net-minding. No love lost between the teams, i hope it can turn into a bit of a derby fixture. :twisted:

They have a good little outfit over there despite the tiredness of the rink and I'm looking forward to going again. Great day out enjoying the ciders and pies of Bristol too, mmmmm.

PS. I heard somewhere they went undefeated at home last year so was their historic first home defeat?

Good to kick off the season with a solid win - Match Report should be in the Echo on Wednesday and on the Inferno shortly. Devils scorers were Dixon x2, James and Burrows.

Special mention to all those fans that travelled to support the team - was brilliant to hear a load of noise being made when we scored and hope you werent too put off by the state of Bristols rink!

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #5
devil_hammer said:
Good to kick off the season with a solid win - Match Report should be in the Echo on Wednesday and on the Inferno shortly. Devils scorers were Dixon x2, James and Burrows.

Special mention to all those fans that travelled to support the team - was brilliant to hear a load of noise being made when we scored and hope you werent too put off by the state of Bristols rink!
Mate, I'm from Aberdare so it would take a lot for me to be put off by anything!

fried egg

The report of the game says the second period took 1 1/2 hours to complete,must have been a fiesty encounter,50 Devils fans made the trip.