Ellijah barriga

The_Stick_

I personally don’t have a problem with this in all honesty. I know the joke will be made that they’ve already started to assemble their 2nd Team, but if the Devils had a guy go down for the season I would expect them to act as quickly as Belfast have done.

Never good to see a player hurt like that. Hope for a full and speedy recovery.

On a side note, with Curran being registered as British does this mean that Belfast now have a spare playable import slot?

Gisland

Interesting read. Guildford have the highest number of imports at 18 and the largest squad at 24. Fife equal Sheffield in 2nd place with 17 imports. The rest, bar 3 including Cardiff, have 16 imports.

Wonder how they will look mid way through the season.
  • Belfast: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 22 players.
  • Cardiff: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Coventry: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Dundee: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 20 players.
  • Fife: 17 non-homegrown players, therefore 3 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Glasgow: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Guildford: 18 non-homegrown players, therefore 2 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 24 players.
  • Manchester: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 20 players.
  • Nottingham: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Sheffield: 17 non-homegrown players, therefore 3 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 22 players.

Finny

Horrible injury for Barriga to get. Hopefully he gets the healthcare he needs and makes a full recovery for next season.

Finny

Interesting read. Guildford have the highest number of imports at 18 and the largest squad at 24. Fife equal Sheffield in 2nd place with 17 imports. The rest, bar 3 including Cardiff, have 16 imports.

Wonder how they will look mid way through the season.
  • Belfast: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 22 players.
  • Cardiff: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Coventry: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Dundee: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 20 players.
  • Fife: 17 non-homegrown players, therefore 3 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Glasgow: 15 non-homegrown players, therefore 5 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Guildford: 18 non-homegrown players, therefore 2 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 24 players.
  • Manchester: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 20 players.
  • Nottingham: 16 non-homegrown players, therefore 4 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 21 players.
  • Sheffield: 17 non-homegrown players, therefore 3 non-homegrown roster places remaining. Overall roster of 22 players.
At the risk of being called obsessive and having my post screenshotted by many in teal, the Belfast status is interesting.
Only 16 non-homegrown players to start on the roster, despite having signed 18. Barriga never played an EIHL competitive game so presumably won't count. So assuming Curran is included in that - either Roach hasn't been added to the roster yet as he's injured or - someone has been signed as Injury Cover so will never actually count towards the roster.

I did ask the EIHL if they would be keeping us to date with players signed as Injury Reserve but..... surprise surprise they are yet to reply.

Gisland

At the risk of being called obsessive and having my post screenshotted by many in teal, the Belfast status is interesting.
Only 16 non-homegrown players to start on the roster, despite having signed 18. Barriga never played an EIHL competitive game so presumably won't count. So assuming Curran is included in that - either Roach hasn't been added to the roster yet as he's injured or - someone has been signed as Injury Cover so will never actually count towards the roster.

I did ask the EIHL if they would be keeping us to date with players signed as Injury Reserve but..... surprise surprise they are yet to reply.
You are probably right, as most of your facts regarding Belfast will have been checked and rechecked.. Looking at the Giants roster, including Roach, I still only get 17 non homegrown players. As Roach was announced as being signed, but on the IRL, that makes 16. Barriga out, Curran in. Who did I miss?

Tyler Beskorowany, Jacob Friend, Charlie Curti, Jeff Baum, Miles Gendron, (Josh Roach IRL), Travis Brown, Ben Lake, Oliver Cooper, Ara Nazarian, Mark Cooper, Daniel Tedesco, Quinn Preston, Greg Printz, Matt McLeod, Kohei Sato, Elijiah Barriga replaced with Jonny Curran

You mistake here Finny is that you’re asking for some transparency from the EIHL.
That’ll never happen I’m afraid as if they publish any rules or guidelines then we can all see when teams are breaking/bending those rules to suit themselves.
Plausible Deniability!

Finny

You are probably right, as most of your facts regarding Belfast will have been checked and rechecked.. Looking at the Giants roster, including Roach, I still only get 17 non homegrown players. As Roach was announced as being signed, but on the IRL, that makes 16. Barriga out, Curran in. Who did I miss?

Tyler Beskorowany, Jacob Friend, Charlie Curti, Jeff Baum, Miles Gendron, (Josh Roach IRL), Travis Brown, Ben Lake, Oliver Cooper, Ara Nazarian, Mark Cooper, Daniel Tedesco, Quinn Preston, Greg Printz, Matt McLeod, Kohei Sato, Elijiah Barriga replaced with Jonny Curran
Nobody. You’ve listed 18 players but are only counting Barriga and Curran as one.
Which for the EIHL roster rules is correct. But for the season (including CHL) that’s now 18 imports signed.

With regards my original question, Roach isn’t on the EIHL roster for the Giants yet so presumably he is the non-registered 17th player.