Elite League Player Of The Year

Thread starter #1
Elite League Player of the Year
Andrew Hotham (Cardiff Devils)
Joey Martin (Cardiff Devils)
Tyler Mosienko (Sheffield Steelers)
Last year’s winner: Mathieu Roy (Sheffield Steelers)

Elite League Coach of the Year
Marc LeFebvre (Dundee Stars)
Andrew Lord (Cardiff Devils)
Paul Thompson (Sheffield Steelers)
Last year’s winner: Ryan Finnerty (Braehead Clan)

Elite League British Player of the Year
Ben Bowns (Cardiff Devils)
Matthew Myers (Nottingham Panthers)
Ben O’Connor (Sheffield Steelers)
Last year’s winner: Ben O’Connor (Sheffield Steelers)

Elite League Netminder of the Year
Ben Bowns (Cardiff Devils)
Brian Stewart (Coventry Blaze)
Miika Wiikman (Nottingham Panthers)
Last year’s winner: Brian Stewart

Elite League Defenceman of the Year
Andrew Hotham (Cardiff Devils)
Ben O’Connor (Sheffield Steelers)
Derrick Walser (Belfast Giants)
Last year’s winner: Andrew Hotham (Cardiff Devils)

Elite League Forward of the Year
Juraj Kolnik (Nottingham Panthers)
Joey Martin (Cardiff Devils)
Tyler Mosienko (Sheffield Steelers)
Last year’s winner: Mathieu Roy (Sheffield Steelers)

I'm thinking we should do OK in these, trying to be unbiased and heres my choices.

Elite League Player of the Year = Joey Martin

Elite League Coach of the Year= If Lord or Thommo win playoffs either one.

Elite League British Player of the Year= Ben Bowns

Elite League Netminder of the Year = Brian Stewart

Elite League Defenceman of the Year= Andrew Hotham

Elite League Forward of the Year= Joey Martin.

Ocko

My realistic choices would be:

POTY: Joey Martin
COTY: Paul Thompson. I'd be surprised if Lord had it after such a spectacular collapse at the end of the year.
BPOTY: Ben Bowns
NMOTY: Ben Bowns
DOTY: Ben O'Connor
FOTY: Joey Martin

Thread starter #4
Rabbitohs4 said:
Hotham will be defence of the year bowns will be British and netminder coach obviously Thompson
Why obviously Thompson? If Devils can put a run together and take the playoffs ,out of the four trophies up for grabs Lord would have won two and twice finished runners up. At this moment in time Lord has one trophy two runners up Thommo has one trophy one runners up and a semi final to his name.If either win the playoffs I think they should get the award.

Ocko

fried egg said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
Hotham will be defence of the year bowns will be British and netminder coach obviously Thompson
Why obviously Thompson? If Devils can put a run together and take the playoffs ,out of the four trophies up for grabs Lord would have won two and twice finished runners up. At this moment in time Lord has one trophy two runners up Thommo has one trophy one runners up and a semi final to his name.If either win the playoffs I think they should get the award.
Because that one trophy is the single biggest prize by a mile, all other competitions aren't worth a great deal. The play offs are a four game tournament and the conference title, despite how hard it is to win, isn't really worth anything at any other club. CC is a bit of a joke outside of Cardiff and Nottingham too, we're the only ones who seem to rate it.

Also aren't the awards decided before the playoffs? So any win wouldn't even be counted for. Proves how much value is put on it.

The conference title obviously means little to the club as it hasn't even been announced or a cup/plate/whatever it is even lifted and celebrated

ASHIPP

Would expect Thompson to be awarded Coach of the Year due to the fact his team survived the stretch to win the biggest prize, the Elite League title. Other than that, Steelers got nowhere in CC and were behind Devils in the Erhardt Conference.

Devils were finalists in CC, runners up in the League, and won the Erhardt conference. Save the end of season slump in performance, these are still achievements and hopefully will be recognised in the voting.

Don't know why the CC is regarded with so much disdain by many clubs' fans (unless, of course your team are finalists!) when it is actually far more difficult and lengthy process to reach the finals than the playoffs.

Finny

Thompson will get Coach of the Year and Mosienko Player of the Year because they won the league.

Martin might get Forward of the Year as he scored the most points and Hotham for Defenceman of the Year.
Bowns should get Netminder and Best Brit. Unless they deem O'Connor to be best Dman and best Brit.

Thread starter #10
Electro said:
Ben Bowns, for me the only Cardiff player likely to get anything, the only one consistently delivering every game.
Erecto that's the best one yet, Martin top of the tree but not showing consistency,explain how he managed that please.

Wannabe2

Joey Martin 84 pts from 63 games, come on Joey show a bit of consistency.
Andrew Hotham 68 pts from 63 games, and that's a d man, pull your socks up Andrew.

Rich Best

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't finnerty get coach of the year last year after Braeheads 'spectacular collapse'? Lord has consistently delivered a great team which has challenged for trophies for 2 years running, and with a lower player budget than other coaches. Come on guys, why do we not back our own?! Strange!

jimmy snels

Larger playing budget? Im very very sceptical. We carried numerous extra imports all year.

Ben for NM and brit, martin forward, thomo coach, and dman not sure. Pre xmas hotham at a stroll.

Ocko

Rich Best said:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't finnerty get coach of the year last year after Braeheads 'spectacular collapse'? Lord has consistently delivered a great team which has challenged for trophies for 2 years running, and with a lower player budget than other coaches. Come on guys, why do we not back our own?! Strange!
I'd be very surprised if our playing budget isn't right at the top of the league. Players like Hotham, Martin and Russell not to mention the spare imports would've come cheap. I'd put us above Sheffield and second only to Nottingham at a guess.

Finny

Sheffield would have had a much bigger budget than us at the start of the season. They started in the CHL don't forget. Belfast would have had a bigger budget too.

Over the course of the season as we've added spare imports we've closed the gap significantly, but I'd say we're still a fair bit behind Nottm and Sheffield but maybe close to Belfast.

There are rumours Braehead have a big budget too. But Finnerty keeps wasting it.