Elite League Games on Premier Sports

Thread starter #1
Hey,

Does anyone know if premier sports are still showing elite league game this season?

If so, does anyone now where I can find the list of fixtures that they are showing?

Cheers

Kal

They seem to have removed all mention of the EIHL from there site so i would assume not. Glad i cancelled now. Going to go with NHL.tv for my NHL fix.

James

Administrator
Similar discussion on THF going on. It seems Premier are up for it but the EIHL don't see it as good business for the limited coverage they get so aren't renewing.

Finny

On THF there is a post containing an email reply from Seth Bennett.

Sounds like they are going down a free-to-air route, which rules out Premier or Sky. Perhaps a web-based or red button broadcaster?

Personally I'd love to see them go with someone like the BBC. Even if it is only online or on the red button it's more likely to attract casual viewers than Premier did.

Thread starter #8
That'd be awesome if it actually happened in time for this season and it most definitely would attract more casual viewers. It may even give people chance to watch hockey before there made the commitment to coming to a game.

It'd only promote the under-exposed state of the British game.

The main reason I created this post was because I'm trying to arrange a 'hockey night' in one of the pubs here in Aberystwyth where they could screen a devils game. I've already got a land-lord who is up for as long as the game was on a channel he had. This is why I put my hopes on premier as to live stream in a pub would be £100+.

pjj365

Gwynfor said:
That'd be awesome if it actually happened in time for this season and it most definitely would attract more casual viewers. It may even give people chance to watch hockey before there made the commitment to coming to a game.

It'd only promote the under-exposed state of the British game.

The main reason I created this post was because I'm trying to arrange a 'hockey night' in one of the pubs here in Aberystwyth where they could screen a devils game. I've already got a land-lord who is up for as long as the game was on a channel he had. This is why I put my hopes on premier as to live stream in a pub would be £100+.
Gwynfor - DM me as, whether Premier or other, I can reach out via FB to Aber Alumni - many of whom still have contacts there

Russky

Finny said:
On THF there is a post containing an email reply from Seth Bennett.

Sounds like they are going down a free-to-air route, which rules out Premier or Sky. Perhaps a web-based or red button broadcaster?

Personally I'd love to see them go with someone like the BBC. Even if it is only online or on the red button it's more likely to attract casual viewers than Premier did.
And who did Seth Bennet used to work for ? BBC.

It would be excellent if the leaugue could secure a free to air deal, even if its only red button coverage, but would it not affect any existing deals individual clubs have to internet stream their games?

Thread starter #12
Any update on this?

I tweeted EIHL the other week asking about it but got no reply.

You'd think they'd have put something in order ahead of the 16-17 season but the silence on the topic does not bode well....

Thread starter #14
Sorry, I should have quoted.

I meant any update on what Finny said about the EIHL going down a free-to-air route.

It'd make the sport so much more accessible to potential fans and nice for existing fans who can't make every game.