EIHL secures Premier Sports live tv deal

Diafol

Interviewer to Matt Soderstrom: "What did you say to the players at half time ?" :eek:

Can't say I'm that impressed by the picture quality, I hate that "film" effect as evidenced here - you get it on a lot of programmes these days, not just sport, makes it look a bit cheap and tacky IMO. Is it just my TV or is it also a tad dark ? (watching on Sky).

Having said that, I think I will be subscribing when the Saturday evening games start - it's much better value than paying for webcasts.

kettdevil1

Actually much better than I expected. Aaron Murphy is a decent commentator and the camera work is much better than some of the previous efforts. I particularly like the camera near the bench.

The one problem remains when they have to shoot through the nets, it isn't massively clear....oh and I am not convinced by Benn Olsen as a colour man either...

Apart from that though, enjoying it.

James

Administrator
Though it was pretty good in all, well shot and Murph is a lot easier to listen to than Simmsey even if the odd intonation rising at the end of every sentence grates after a while. A well put together package which sold the product well. And we get to see the blaze beaten which is always nice.

Paul Sullivan

James said:
Though it was pretty good in all, well shot... A well put together package which sold the product well. And we get to see the blaze beaten which is always nice.
I'd go along with that. Whilst it was clearly a trial two things I would like to see:
A couple less 'your home for hockey' promos.
A regular and decent ice-level interviewer. It's too much for one guy and (yes, it was a trial) the slightly daft throwing of the feed from Murph the host to Murph the interviewer clearly doesn't work.

Surely, Chris Ellis would be the obvious choice to do that? The guy is professional, excellent and knows the product.

Koop11

I thought it was pretty decent. Certainly no worse than Sky's coverage. Murph comes across well on the show. Solid start Premier Sports.

As a Premier Sports customer I'm pleased as I get the NHL and Elite under the same package. Winning.

It was ok tbh, at least it's something which is a bonus. Why does murph sound like he's straining for a shit whenever he calls a game?

Wannabe2

Who is the idiot who puts the graphics across players faces and across the ice, its too big and should be in the top corner. Okay coverage, obviously done a shoestring budget, better that jack all.