EIHL player of the 2011/12 season

jimmy snels

iv voted for kenton. he's been by far our most consistant player and is really under rated. also he hasnt only tried since xmas............ ;)

Rempel16

Got to be Galbraith for me, he has cleaned up on the scoring charts and seemingly won games single handedly for the Clan.

Jordan Fox, Robert Dowd and Craig Peacock would be in the mix too.

Sorry, but I don't think any of our team have been a patch on these guys this season.

kettdevil1

Rempel16 said:
Got to be Galbraith for me, he has cleaned up on the scoring charts and seemingly won games single handedly for the Clan.

Jordan Fox, Robert Dowd and Craig Peacock would be in the mix too.
Wouldn't disagree with any of these, Fox when motivated has been superb, the problem has been that he never looks 100% fit. Galbraith is the logical favourite but what about Janolin - top goal scorer on a poor team.

Rempel16

Jarolin is another good shout, although it would depend on whether the Caps can hold on to 8th place. If not, then despite being a one-man show (which is probably unfair on Hartmann) he didn't do enough to keep his team in a playoff spot... Although that seems quite harsh!

Skippy

Could be wrong and they are doing some kind of IP match up on votes but.. It looks alot like you can vote more than once to me.

Makes it all a bit pointless really.

Paul Sullivan

There's two definitions to this, for me.

If you want to talk about the most valuable player in / to the EIHL, then for me it's Galbraith all day, with a teeth-gnashingly respectful nod to Legue.

However if it's player who is most valuable to their own team (as it is with the Hart in the NHL) then I would say it's Jarolin by a mile, and second would be Boucher for Hull.

Skippy

It is an odd one as most people will vote for a player from their own team so its a who's got the most fans popularity contest.

For me Jarolin for the Caps or Zemlak for Fife have kept there teams in it, star players for their teams but unlikely to be recognized overall.

ASHIPP

Galbraith's point scoring has been phenomenal, a great player for sure. However, would have been interesting to see how he shaped up against McBride or Champagne had they stayed in the league, or Doucet had he not been injured, or Jon Pelle who missed so many games early in the season.

For contibution to their teams, Zemlak and Jarolin also have to be contenders.

As far as the Devils are concerned, Kenton, Richie and Stu have been our most consistent players all year - outside chance they might even be up for inclusion in the EIHL All-Star Second Team, although I think there will be others from the League ahead of them.