EIHL on the BBC !!

Finny

Jacko said:
Last time there was live UK hockey on the bbc was as far as i can remember was Black Sunday (ask on kotg for details) at a fully sold out (7200 i think) Odyssey arena it got the lowest ratings ever for that time slot on the bbc, although im not surprised it was a total rout.
IIRC though wasn't it only on BBC N. Ireland or BBC Scotland?
I watched it (Ayr spanked Belfast in Belfast - 5-0 I think??) but I had to watch it on Sky on something like channel 965.

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #68
We could all be sat in front of the box now watching EIHL highlights from last nights feast but instead we have Allo allo, some war film from the 1950's, Kojac, and take me out, the new dating thing hosted by Paddy Mcguiness, which I might add, is shear god damn rubbish. I really do begrudge paying for a t.v licence. It's a bloody insult !! :evil:

:eek: i was just saying the same thing to my friend about the crap that is on tv at the moment, can they not make decent tv shows anymore? instead they have to repeat stuff from 10/20 years ago. ridiculous. Surely the ice hockey would get better ratings than this? I would be highly disappointed if it didnt.

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #70
nmase20 said:
:eek: i was just saying the same thing to my friend about the crap that is on tv at the moment, can they not make decent tv shows anymore? instead they have to repeat stuff from 10/20 years ago. ridiculous. Surely the ice hockey would get better ratings than this? I would be highly disappointed if it didnt.
Im not sure as ratings come into it dude. They seem intent on taking the piss out of us, I doubt there millions watching the crap thats on at the mo. It really is beyond a joke, and all 80+ channels are the same. Its alarming at how this seems to go on without nothing being said or done! :roll:

kettdevil1

Haven't followed the whole thread so apologies if this has been covered but Sky Sports News had a great little piece on hockey this morning. I missed the start but it was a little along the lines of "some sports carried on despite the big freeze.

There were brief highlights from Nottingham v Caps, an interview with Gary Moran and a trailer to the respective teams next games.

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #72
kettdevil1 said:
Haven't followed the whole thread so apologies if this has been covered but Sky Sports News had a great little piece on hockey this morning. I missed the start but it was a little along the lines of "some sports carried on despite the big freeze.

There were brief highlights from Nottingham v Caps, an interview with Gary Moran and a trailer to the respective teams next games.
We need the EIHL on terestrial t.v buddy, live games or a highlights show thats basically the gist of it anyways.