EIHL awards night

Hynod

Thread starter #1
Well done to Jon and Craig on their awards.

Jon - forward of the year and best new comer.

Craig - best defender and best player.

Danny Stewart won coach of the year lol :D

Yes, I agree finishing bottom but one and only above the Caps took some doing. Good job he qualified for the semi's of the mickey mouse cup to justify his award. Then again that was at the start of the season when he had a full squad and hardly the toughest group. G all day long as in my opinion only coach to over achieve on expectations.

ASHIPP

Congratulations to Craig and Jon for more fantastic accolades for their season - really well deserved. :cool:

I am really gutted for G to miss out on an award which would have acknowledged year-on-year progress of the Devils and his ability to recruit a special team this year. :evil: But he is a true professional and although will be personally very disappointed inside, would not dwell on that because there is still a job to do this weekend. And he is a gentleman - he would probably understand why Danny Stewart's efforts with a seriously compromised team were acknowledged.

I think the Devils will be even more fired up because of this - go on Guys, do your best and bring something home for the team and for G.

Well done to the guys, on a brilliant achievement. :D
To be fair though, I'm confused by Danny Stewart winning coach of the year award... of the 3, I think he was the least deserving by a long shot. Definitely got the sympathy vote there!

Russky

Burgy said:
I though Bruce of the Clan would have got the coach award for a great 1st season
I agree, especially as he got the clan to roll over and play dead on the last weekend of the regular season! - Not that I am bitter!!!! :evil: