EIHL All Star game

Thread starter #1
Fans to vote for EIHL All Star game

The Elite League All star game will be played at Ice Sheffield on January 27th and fans will be given the chance to vote for who they want to see.

Following the success of last year's game, The Elite British All Stars will take on The Elite Overseas All Stars, and fans will be picking a line for each team, voting through the official Elite League website.

The coaches for this year will be the winning coach 2008/09 Elite League and the Playoff Champions Dave Matsos (Sheffield Steelers) who will be coaching the Elite British All Stars. Coaching the Elite Overseas All Stars will be playoff runners up Coach Corey Neilson (Nottingham Panthers).
http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/news/ ... -2687.html

Success of last year's game - really? I may be wrong, but I seem to recall it not selling out, and wasn't that in the 2500 capacity SkyDome? Thanks Elite League for making it midweek again - great for Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh fans because Sheffield's just up the road and none of us got work that week :roll:

On a more positive note, I like the idea of Brits v Oversea's, although if played to full potential, surely the oversea's would win comfortably - I'm sure it'll actually be 12-11 either way on the night though :roll: Opps, sorry, I was supposed to be being positive. Giving the fans the chance to vote for who plays sounds good - although there's clearly more Sheffield / Nottingham fans who will therefore get what they want - makes sense seeing as they'll be making up the majority of the crowd - oh dear, this really is a negative response. I think I'll stop now :D

TheStub

Ice Sheffield is probably a better venue than Skydome, as it is only 1500 seats, but has be room and facilities for the surrounding stands etc.

I guess, until they get a format that seems to work for them, they wont give up a whole week for the event (as they did in the NHL).

It would be nice to see the event take off...and have the full day of fun.

as someone said on KOTG the first string of brits v imports might not be as big a wash out as you'd think, but a B or C team versus import b or c team would be a complete wash as there is no depth in brit talent.

who you guys reckon would make up the lines for the brits??

id say something like this

1st line
longstaff
shields
chambers

2nd line
hill
owen
j.phillips

3rd line
towe
davies
dowd

4th line
esders
neil hay
cowley

netminders
lyle
craze

defense
meyers
weaver
richardson
o'connor

dan.k said:
who you guys reckon would make up the lines for the brits??

id say something like this

1st line
longstaff
shields
chambers

2nd line
hill
owen
j.phillips

3rd line
towe
davies
dowd

4th line
esders
neil hay
cowley

netminders
lyle
craze

defense
meyers
weaver
richardson
o'connor

Is David Clarke ( Panthers) not a Brit ?
Ben Davies to play before Garside (Capitals )??!!? Garside has double the points of Davies.
Jason Stone to play before GB's Mark Thomas???