EIHL 2009-2010 Season - Further Details

Finny

Thread starter #1
Taken from the Newcastle Vipers email sent out last night:

“After a lot of discussion the League programme will be based on four home and four away games against each team, giving 28 home games and a 56-game season,”
“The season will begin on September 5 and go through to March 21. The playoffs will remain as a two-legged quarter final 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 with the winners going through to the Finals at Nottingham on 3/4 April 2010.”
“In addition to the League the arrangements for the Challenge Cup are being finalised and should be anounced shortly, while discussions are at an advanced stage for a weekend event involving all eight teams during October.

Very interesting.

I thought the weekend tournement was going to be pre-season though? Actually, selfishly I hope it's not pre-season as I'm going to Reading Festival the weekend before the season starts, and my stag weeekend the weekend before that, so I would have missed any pre-season tourament anyway. Also hope any October weekend thing is towards the end of October so I'll be back from honeymoon :D

Glad they've increased it to 4 home and 4 away - I think I seen that somewhere else anyway. Playing the same few teams a lot, but I love seeing the Devils v Blaze, Steelers, Panthers so there'll be plenty of matches v them teams.

Can't wait for the new season to start!

Not surprised that they have increased the league fixtures to 4 Home 4 Away, shame that we will be seeing the same teams over & over again, but little that can be done about that at the moment.