Ease of Access and Notifications and News

Lp 1

Thread starter #1
I'm sorry if i am repeating a view of someone from another thread but its something i think needs to be addressed. :geek:

Why is it that for nearly over a week now we have not had any information or news from the devils? :twisted:

The News and feedback from the club isn't very good considering we all know that there is lots going on at the moment and every single fan is anxiously waiting for news on a signing and the development of the club, rink, team etc. Nearly every other team welcomed Fife Flyers to the Elite League apart from us :?:

So this is why i wanted to get other peoples views on this situation, should we be getting more news no matter how small it is?

Is it just me who would like to know more about the club and its situation or am i not alone? :)

Martynwo

Maybe you are alone......

Regarding recruitment
G is a type of player to keep cards to his chest whist offering contracts, rather than other clubs leaking out before contracts are signed.
He also stated in the recent forum that he's rather wait and get more for his money as August draws nearer.

I'm not worried in the slightest that other teams have almost completed their roster.

In addition the club is going through re-registering as a new company so that is also taking up time.

Be patient and have faith in G and Franny

I agree, someone at the Devils needs to get a grip and realise that it is us, the fans, that are the ones that keep the Devils going.
I have paid for my season ticket for next season and with all the recent events am waiting to see if and what team I'll be watching. I notice on Twitter that the other teams have regular updates on signings and news while we hardly get anything.
I absolutely loved last season following the Devils and want to see them get it together again. Just a quick line or two every now again on Twitter would be something.
Come on, keep us informed!

Lp 1

Thread starter #5
I do have faith but there is alot more happening at the club other than just signings as we saw at the recent forum, it doesnt have to be huge news as the slightest bit of news is important to us the fans. Just an update every couple of days would be alot more re-assuring to us and to show us how and where the club is going?

Dont you think it would help?

Martynwo

No not really.

I'd rather have news when it happens.
The Devils management and coaching staff will carry on with their jobs and will issue news when ready.

Believe me, this is not an usual situation. It has been known not to have players signed as late as the season has started.

News for news sake is not news just spreads more rumours

Finny

Do we have any staff left to do the updates?

As Martyn said, I don't want G and Franny to rush into any signings just for the sake of it. With regards to non-important updates - I would hope the remaining members of staff have more important things to do than do an article just for the sake of it.

A

Anonymous

Twitter, Farcebook, wish people would live in the real world ! :roll:

G has offers out to players, we all wait their decisions. What else is there to say.

Patience is a virtue. Remember last off season?

Read Drummer Seans post on " This is why I love the game" and appreciate what we have !!

Gazza272

Zed said:
Patience is a virtue. Remember last off season?

!

Yes,

We had most of our players signed by now. I dont understand why the point of G playing the waiting game comes up. Pelle and Maccrae to name but 2 were signed even before playoff weekend more or less. Tylor, voth were all signed up now.

But I dont clamour for news at present. I'm sure Paul and Simon are much more interested in Thursday for the creditors meeting.

A

Anonymous

I thought the majority of new players were signed late ?

but I dont clamour for news at present. I'm sure Paul and Simon are much more interested in Thursday for the creditors meeting.
*sigh*

Gazza272

Zed said:
I thought the majority of new players were signed late ?

but I dont clamour for news at present. I'm sure Paul and Simon are much more interested in Thursday for the creditors meeting.
*sigh*

Nope not from memory. I cna recall the following players being signed well before August.

Michel
Voth
Finnerty
G
Lyle
Richardson
Hill
Sam Smith
Maccrae
Pelle
Birbrear
Mark Smith (Belfast were chasing him when christiansen went in so we made our move)

I'm pretty sure most of them were sorted out before or in July. I think Matzka may even have been signed by this point. Leaving only Kenton Smith and Weller as late signings. Again could be wrong this is all off of memory, but I'm sure there was even a debate on here about how we may have signed too early?

Also what is the sigh for? I was being genuine, If I had a creditors meeting coming up i'ed be pretty worried about it. I think you have mis interpreted the tone of my post/words.

I think to be fair that with swapping companies and all the admin that entails (re-setting DD's springs to mind) and moving offices, things are pretty hectic in the back office at the moment.

I'm sure it will calm down soon and things will be back to normal.

Not sure I know what normal is any more!

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure most of them were sorted out before or in July
It's only July 4th now! Apologies if I took your point about Thursdays meeting out of content.

The signings will come I'm sure. As BBW said, things have been a little hectic of late what with one thing and another!

I'm not too bothered about the lack of news coming out at the moment. I mean, last season we had most signed up early but through chance, albeit already into the season, we managed to sign a player of Weller's quality.

I'm not expecting anyone as good as Weller to be signed but with the veteran rules in the AHL it definitely makes some sense to wait to see who can't get a contract.

Plus it gets a bit tedious with pointless news coming out every 5 minutes and I'm sure when some news does come out it'll get everyone much more excited. :twisted:

Skippy

Im sure that in the past G has said he waits till after Canada day which is when people start to realize that they don't have a job for next season yet

E.D.S.

For me it more the fact there isn't much news on anything be it season ticket sales, player signings, pre season friendly, schedules for when training starts, a player interview, even a poll of some sort....anything really. There doesn't seem to be much consideration for the fan. If you look at any other league (which is probably my first mistake but humour me) or any other team (click on Cardiff City's website) there is always some news on something to keep the interest going. I agree with others about player signings, announce them when they are done, I don't think we need to know who we are chasing as that clearly wouldnt be productive but something of some merit would be useul if only to keep the interest and may be capture the interest of potential newbies.
I guess the underlying factor is that there probably isn't anybody left to do this kind of thing but even when there was we've never been particularly good at this sort of thing