Doug Clarkson - Mid-term interview

Have Hope#35

James said:
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/doug-clarkson-midterm-interview/
What a fantastic interview... You can tell he means what he says! It isn't just a case of sucking up to the team you play with, the guy has been infected by the Devils.

drainage

I actually think that this team is loving their hockey loving Cardiff and loving the fans ....... It's a heck of a feel good factor and long may it continue

Devil_Abroad

He just comes across loving to play hockey, loving being in the team, loving experiencing living in Cardiff.

And he's paid to do it

Happy hockey days folks!

He is a great player and a true asset to the team and to hear how much he is enjoying it here is even better. Hoping a few more of them sign longer deals like Lordo has :)

wildthing74

Great interview and one of the nicest guys you will meet. I really hope Lordo brings him back as they are desperate to stay but all focus has to be on finishing the year on a high and then I'm sure the players who are wanted back will soon be signed up.

Considering he didn't play a lot last year it's amazing the points total he already has and shown he takes no crap so while he's happy go lucky he's shown a few tough guys already not to take liberties.He defiantly has the balance of player first and tough guy second as what's the point in having a guy get banned every few weeks?His presence alone is enough to keep other players honest and it was amazing to see CJ have the confidence to challenge Sandrock the other night after a dodgy hit.I'm sure knowing his back is covered allowed him to do that.

Finny

His fight and demolition of Egener earlier in the season would have been seen by most of the players in the league.
It sent an early statement out that he is tough and will drop the gloves if needed. You only needed to see the way Farmer looked when he saw him coming to know that.

Since then he has barely needed to play tough and instead is scoring consistently. After a couple of negative comments from Nottingham fans I pointed out that he had more points than their whole squad bar two.

That's pretty impressive for someone who was supposed to be one-dimensional and gone by Xmas.

Have Hope#35

Finny said:
His fight and demolition of Egener earlier in the season would have been seen by most of the players in the league.
It sent an early statement out that he is tough and will drop the gloves if needed. You only needed to see the way Farmer looked when he saw him coming to know that.

Since then he has barely needed to play tough and instead is scoring consistently. After a couple of negative comments from Nottingham fans I pointed out that he had more points than their whole squad bar two.

That's pretty impressive for someone who was supposed to be one-dimensional and gone by Xmas.
His demolition of Frank whilst concussed was pretty special too!

Wannabe2

Clarkson is a awesome player, great passer of the puck, has a great eye for the net, is tough to knock of the puck, has a huge reach, and when he has to is one tough cookie. Great human being, great team player, love it when he high fives every team mates off the ice. Would sign him back up tomorrow.

jimmy snels

I love how happy he sounds too be here and agree he's a good player. I would ( against belfast and Sheffield particularly) like too see his intent for aggression a bit more tho. There's no way sandrock should be gloving him in the face like last game and doug laughing. He's there top D man, smash him next opportunity be it a hit or roughing him up whilst you have the chance! I genuinely think it'd take his game up that extra notch. Basically i want him a bit more like vother when its necessary and stick up for cj a bit more to be honest.

Im actually impressed with doug's hands and his role as team morale improvement officer is clear. He's obviously intimidating as corey pointed out too. I just want to see him unleash the beast a bit :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Devil_Abroad

Half way through October I think the guys have realised that they could actually win something this season and have therefore decided to stop taking silly penalties

I think it's a great attitude - wind up the opposition - let them take the silly pens - and only jump in if an opponent is taking liberties with one of our skilled players

team team team

I would love to win a trophy - but frankly after 18 years I'm finally enjoying watching hockey again - win or lose - they're exciting - they have characters across the team - they have skill, power, speed, and they all have fun out there.

Am I disappointed when they lose? Of course I am! But I'm still grinning inside

Thanks Todd, Andrew, and some wonderful Canadian cousins willing to spend some money cheering us on

Happy hockey days folks!

Hockey - best sporting entertainment in town

Wannabe2

Devil_Abroad said:
Half way through October I think the guys have realised that they could actually win something this season and have therefore decided to stop taking silly penalties

I think it's a great attitude - wind up the opposition - let them take the silly pens - and only jump in if an opponent is taking liberties with one of our skilled players

team team team

I would love to win a trophy - but frankly after 18 years I'm finally enjoying watching hockey again - win or lose - they're exciting - they have characters across the team - they have skill, power, speed, and they all have fun out there.

Am I disappointed when they lose? Of course I am! But I'm still grinning inside

Thanks Todd, Andrew, and some wonderful Canadian cousins willing to spend some money

cheering us on

Happy hockey days folks!

Hockey - best sporting entertainment in town
Great post and spot on, it's a great time to be a Devils fan.

jimmy snels

I'm taking the assist on doug's performance tonight :lol: full of intent and aggression (but controlled). Quite simply played a fantastic game

Devil_Abroad

jimmy snels said:
I'm taking the assist on doug's performance tonight :lol: full of intent and aggression (but controlled). Quite simply played a fantastic game
And I'm taking the second assist - his shirt was the first one off the rack in the shop tonight before the game - money well invested!

:RAWK

During the Devils v Panthers game did anyone see Farmer giving Doug some lip during the warm up?? Hilarious.

Doug shut him up later, it would have been him or Hendrix that were going to.