Doubt anyone at Devils will notice, but....

Slartibartfast

Don't get me started on the vending machines which never work and frequently take your money. Still its marginally better than Planet Ice in Bristol where all their machines have been empty or not working for the last 3 months.
What is it with ice rinks? In 33 years of using them they have never got any better. Worse in fact.

kingmo19.1

Don't get me started on the vending machines which never work and frequently take your money. Still its marginally better than Planet Ice in Bristol where all their machines have been empty or not working for the last 3 months.
What is it with ice rinks? In 33 years of using them they have never got any better. Worse in fact.
Easy answer, they are all run on a shoestring with the managing companies squeezing every single penny out of the customers wherever they can.

With all the tremendous independent food and beverage traders in Cardiff, surely something else could be offered?

I had to suffer the try-hards and the mid-life crisis brigade in Cardiff Bay spoons beforehand!

Kipper

I would hope that you are being facetious with your moan comment. Perfectly reasonable to highlight the state of facilities.

As for the Steeler fan, I read a few of the tweets from a few people. Obviously I wasn't there.

As I understand it she's 17 and was part of a group of friends who attended the game. The security staff had earlier found female Steelers fans attempting to smuggle alcohol (in the form of miniatures) into the arena. They became suspicious and decided to search people to prevent others doing the same.

17 year old was asked if she consented to be searched, she did so.Female security staff took the 17 year old to one side (sounds like a corridor) whilst supervised by another female who wasn't security but who was a steward.

Searches can't be done in private - as that's more dangerous, but at the same time you don't want to be searched in front of a crowd either for modesty reasons. So reckon right call was made with a compromise.

Consent was asked for beforehand. Admittedly she's 17 and some people said she's a child (which from social media she does appear to be immature) and can't therefore consent and shouldn't be searched - well if she's mature enough to travel with friends hundreds of miles on a Saturday night without a responsible adult Id say she made her own bed - either be searched as per policy or don't get admitted.

People commenting online that as a child she can't be searched - they are confusing SIA regulated door staff at a private commercial venue with searches conducted by the police. But admittedly I couldn't find any provisions online for searches of minors by private security.

Search was also conducted and supervised by females - yet she goes spouting off on twitter about men.

Do kids not get taught about the boy who cried wolf anymore?
I was in the vicinity when this happened. The security staff handled it very professionally and had already confiscated some miniatures which I saw.