double header weekend

Thread starter #1
It was mentioned on the edinburgh thread but i didn't want to reply on there to keep it on topic, since when has the double header weekend been cancelled? i bought the two tickets for the deal haven't heard anything about it???
Just wondered if anyone knew about whats happening with the tickets, will it be valid for the rearranged game?

Its all a bit confusing with the fixture changes. In todays Echo it is still saying we play home on sat 28th and sun 1st :roll: And who is Wes Hall, the player who scored are 3rd goal!!!!! :oops:

Thread starter #3
:lol: its definitely been cancelled, they've removed it from buy online, haven't you seen wes hall play? he's awesome.

New fixtures are on the elite league site. Devils are a bit slow letting us know and updating their site. We are now playing Newcastle away (was on Thur 19th) instead of Manchester home on the 1st, with the Manchester game TBC.

I was a bit annoyed as I went to get the deal for the two games and was told as it was no longer a double header home weekend, he deal wasn't on anymore. But surely anyone who's already bought them can still use their ticket for the rearranged game!?

There is a double header home weekender thing on the 7th / 8th though. Belfast on the Saturday in the 2nd leg of the KO Cup, and Edinburgh on the Sunday in the league (Originally it was Edinburgh on the Saturday and no game on the Sunday).

I think there's been significant changes for everyone. Possibly Manchester and Belfast both doing so well in both cups has messed it up a bit as they have so many cup games to play or something. This has been discussed on another thread and as I suggested as well as a couple of others - surely there should be more midweek games earlier in the season to at least leave a few slots for rearranged / cup games later in the season. Assuming the Manchester game is Wed / Thur 18th or 19th, it'll mean 8 games in 15 days between the 7th-22nd March - and possibly a KO Cup final to play as well!

timetoplaythegame said:
Hang on we have 8 games in 16 days!
Get on the red bull boys (without vodka)
Sarcastic or serious?

Could you imagine if football or rugby players had to play even 4 games in that time they'd be complaining!

8 games in 16 days is pretty standard though in the NHL though isn't it? Just looked at New Jersey's fixtures and they have 3 or 4 games every week, so would more than likely have several runs of 8 in 16.

TheStub

That schedule is just insane. At least with the Newcastle matches, they have to travel down and back, so that should tire them out a bit.

With a schedule like that, we wont have a team left for the play-offs :S

Thankfully, these are mostly home games (from a player fitness rather than a fan turn out point of view).

TheStub

ledgend777 said:
timetoplaythegame said:
Hang on we have 8 games in 16 days!
Get on the red bull boys (without vodka)
Sarcastic or serious?

Could you imagine if football or rugby players had to play even 4 games in that time they'd be complaining!

8 games in 16 days is pretty standard though in the NHL though isn't it? Just looked at New Jersey's fixtures and they have 3 or 4 games every week, so would more than likely have several runs of 8 in 16.
Remember though, they have more players in a team - playing 4 lines. Also, they will rotate the netminders. So, over the week, Clemmensen would play 2 of 3, or 3 of 4 and Weekes pick up the rest (and he is on 4 wins in his last 4 games).

Plus, you don't often see them play matches on consecutive nights - it is made a deal out of if they play twice in 2 days. We have runs of matches, so less players and consecutive days will take a toll on the team.

Just another classic example of EIHL incompetence

Competition

Re arrange these words in to a well known phrase that describes the EIHL

Up, p***, brewery, organise, a, couldn't, in

Thread starter #13
i went down to buy tickets for the 7th yesturday and asked about it, they said that they are valid but if your unable to attend the rearranged game you can either have a flex ticket or refund.

nmase20 said:
Is the game against manchester on thursday 12th March the rearranged game or was it already there?
We were due to play Manchester on the 24th Jan and 1st March and both games have been rearranged. One will be as you say on the 12th, and as far as I'm aware the other one is still to be confirmed.