Dorian Smith ready to help Cardiff Devils

I hope this is a joke because this is an insult to the junior development by the Cardiff Devils the ENL team has three netminders who are head and shoulders above Dos and nothing against him but I am sorry a joke

Finny

icebear said:
I hope this is a joke because this is an insult to the junior development by the Cardiff Devils the ENL team has three netminders who are head and shoulders above Dos and nothing against him but I am sorry a joke
It is not a joke, but perhaps things will become clearer when the 'other' backup is announced.
There is no point a good ENL netminder sitting on the bench week after week when he could be improving by playing games for the ENL side.

Finny said:
icebear said:
It is not a joke, but perhaps things will become clearer when the 'other' backup is announced.
There is no point a good ENL netminder sitting on the bench week after week when he could be improving by playing games for the ENL side.
Exactly, the best thing for any of the young junior keepers is to be playing week in week out! The junior keepers aren't going to get any better sitting on the bench all week. And to be honest I hope we don't even have to use our back ups this year.

icebear said:
Fully agree, If Lyle get's injured in the first couple of minutes against a side like Sheffield or Nottingham, God help us, nothing against the guy himself, don't know him sure he is a great guy, but not a signing that is likely to improve the strength of the squad in any way. I'm still waiting to see a signing which makes us a better side than last year, lets not forget our best 'D' man and probably most skilful forward have not committed to the side for next season. Intersting season ahead i think, hopefuly i'm proved wrong but can't see it. And before any jumps on this as negativity, it is an open forum for people to express there views, these are mine, if in 8 months time were in the top 3 of the league and doing well in cup competitions come back and have a go.

ASHIPP

We need to wait and see who the other backup netminder is. It could be Joe (Myers), one of the EPL Devils or someone new. So far, some of the other teams are in a worse position -they have lost their backups to the EPL and some are still recruiting their starting netties! The only team to have any semblence of assurance at the mo is Belfast in signing Nathan (Craze) to backup Stephen Murphy....and methinks Nate will be getting more icetime than we imagine. He deserves it. But nothing is REALLY insurance is it? Blaze could lose Hirsch to injury and their backup may not be brilliant, same with Sandahl at Hull etc.

Adams has said there will be a number of backup goalies, dorian smith isn't going to be our only hope if Lyle is injured. People shouldnt be making more out of this than it is.

Finny

Although I can't yet find a link to an official statement - a post on THF confirms that Mike Brabon has signed for the ENL Devils - and will be on a two-way contract as backup to the EIHL Devils.