DOPS REVIEW

Sheincar

Thread starter #141
Sorry not understanding why we're expecting Hendrikx to get further penalty? Nothing announced on DOPS review list & he only got game. To me that's the end of it.

Have Hope#35

Can they not review the whole incident as part of the spitting review? More of a question... They've reviewed things leading up to an incident before! Having said that if they're just reviewing the spitting debacle then I'd consider that a standalone incident.

drainage

dave said:
Sheincar said:
Sorry not understanding why we're expecting Hendrikx to get further penalty? Nothing announced on DOPS review list & he only got game. To me that's the end of it.

Shelia it will not come under dops as its a standard league playing rule..
Last time it happened:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 04893.html

But it may have changed.
Guess if it's mandatory it's not reviewed but why not simply say not review he sits one game ..... Or is that tomorrow's update !

BostonBart22

would be very surprised if hendo gets a one game ban, all he done when he came on the ice was a bit of pushing and shoving , no punches thrown , think hoth calmed the situation down by then.

Have Hope#35

BostonBart22 said:
would be very surprised if hendo gets a one game ban, all he done when he came on the ice was a bit of pushing and shoving , no punches thrown , think hoth calmed the situation down by then.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Match Penalty as the ban is for leaving the bench not for how aggressive you are once off it... Although I agree that his involvement was minimal once out there!

Mooney#16

Having checked rule book the correct and only call for leaving bench is a double minor and game misconduct. There isn't scope to call a match for that offence only if they commit a match offence after joining ice.

As 'Dave' has correctly said given that's the rule book leagues then clearly have discretion to standardise a ban for the offence to try to give some sort of deterrent so I do now see where they are coming from. Hendo should sit a game for it but he was right to go.

KaneDevils

If the rule book states that, and taking into account that Hendrikx does little wrong after, then he shouldn't get a ban at all, otherwise thats contradicting the rules .........
Isn't it? :s

Devil_Abroad

Correct in my opinion

He was silly to come on and join the fracas but seemingly wise if he didn't throw a punch

It's a forum - we air our views and discuss - some then change their viewpoint others don't - some agree some don't - it's a forum

Let's go Devils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

The IIHF rules state that a player leaving the bench gets 2+2+Game.

It's then up to the individual leagues as to whether they issue a ban on the player.
Apparently in the NHL it is 10 games. In the EIHL it used to be 1 game.

osh

He is a very lucky fella to get away so lightly. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he spat, once on the separating plexiglass glass between him and the crowd and also in the direction of the official, albeit low down. Also very lucky not to be punished more severely for aiming water from a bottle onto adjacent home fans, that alone could have caused huge problems had the fans reacted differently. A player cannot get involved with fans just because they are name calling etc, especially someone of his experience. Very lucky !! Pity Tait's obscene gestures weren't picked up by cameras, he would have been banned as well.

Mooney#16

This league fails me. It's league sponsored abuse of officials. The guy spat at Deano. The match referee and gets a match penalty for abuse of official over turning what was correctly called as a spitting major. They couldn't have insulted the officials more if they'd tried. At some point the stripes are going to have to go out on strike as for a pro league to not support or protect its officials is a scandal. How TK can hold it together dealing with some of the idiots connected to this league is a tribute to the man.

Agree, if that was me and some spat at me I would be like I want to fight this person , no support from the league on this one , especially with Dean could of handled it differently

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
I guess it depends on whether Dean Smith was consulted as to if its an insult to the officials. Call ok did apologise as soon as he was able and although that doesn't make it ok, it might have altered the situation. It's a personal issue at the end of the day, not a safety one. I could be wrong however and the DOPS ballsed it up again.

Mooney#16

No offence but poppy cock it's a personal issue. It's a respect in the game issue. Players can do whatever they like to each other but the refs are off limits. End of story. The league should quite frankly have zero tolerance and heavy detrimental suspensions to anyone who crosses that line. Apologies count for squat. Do they count for anything with DOPS. The player has lost discipline. They can chew on a hefty ban.

Ask yourself would you officiate in a league where the league gives out token bans and even cancels your call and levies the ban under a different more politically acceptable wording. I wouldn't. It's cowardly of the league. This league has a major officials issue. It wants to expand and just thinks more officials will be there to order. Really. Where they coming from as they are losing more officials than they are recruiting. Have they asked why? British guys are now signing big money deals to officiate in mainland Europe. This league throws it's guys under the bus. The fans slag off the guys but honestly the muck again should be getting flung at Tony and the other ego's plus Kirkham for his part. This will sound biased but in fairness the only guy I've head vaguely switched on to this stuff is TK.