DONT STOP BELIEVING !

Thread starter #1
"SIX POINTS THIS WEEKEND AND TWO STEELER LOSSES AND WE"RE RIGHT BACK IN IT !"

In true exam style..... DISCUSS.

and to quote Kevin Keegan...

"I'd love it if we beat them, I'd love it !"

Also need Belfast to slip up along the way... not looking like that'll be tonight... 5-2 up v Hull in 2nd period.

I still think we can do it and said before the Nottingham game that I was confident we could win all our remaining matches to give ourselves a decent chance. As noted on another thread though - Steelers have more regulation wins so need to drop 5 points in just 6 games which is unlikely. As long as we win ours to give them a good fight I'll be happy

Koop11

We have a chance but I think we’re playing for 2nd place. With the clearly lower budget we have in comparison to our nearest rivals, I don’t think 2nd place is anything to be ashamed of. We must be considering ourselves as a favourite for the playoffs though and to get to the finals we ideally want to be playing Hull (no disrespect) as we have a very good record against them.

wildthing74

Being realistic about our chances I'd take 2nd place now and a probable play off with Hull.don't fancy Blaze if we end up 3rd.

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
Being realistic about our chances I'd take 2nd place now and a probable play off with Hull.don't fancy Blaze if we end up 3rd.
Agree. I think both Blaze and Clan are going to be really up for the play-off eliminator so if we can avoid them it would be good.

I think it would make Blaze's season now if they knocked us out to get to the play-off weekend.

ASHIPP

Who cares about the Giants and the Steelers? :x The Devils will be concentrating on their own games, one at a time rather than worrying what the other lot are doing.
Whilst the other two teams take the pressure and attention, the Devils will be concentrating on securing the best possible position they can in the league and galvanising momentum for the playoffs. :cool: And the Devils can take on any team in that competition.
Whatever league position the Devils achieve, it's going to be at least a top 3 - that's even more progress than last year and with a fantastic team. :cool:

Thread starter #7
Part one squarely in the bag !

A win tomorrow for us and a Steelers loss in Belfast may cause me to get slightly excited ! (Only slightly mind you....)