Donations to pay Deeds social media fines

Thread starter #81
Morning,

I have sent some more names to the mods to update the front page with paid.

I still have some names that i can't match up with user names so if DONE hasn't appeared by your name and you haven't PMd me please do so so i can sort out the names.

Many thanks
Al

Chris

Administrator
List updated with everyone who has paid by paypal so far and pm'd Alison with details so usernames and payment can be matched up :)

Earnie

Now wasn't that a nice thing for Deeds to say.
All we need now is for BIZ to love us too - and say will stay with us till end of season.

Ger-Devils

"I would like to thank all the fans who donated money to help pay off my fines. Although I take full responsibility for my fines, I am touched by the support of the Devils fans. I take a great deal of pride in standing up for my teammates and the organization as a whole. I expressed my thoughts and concerns and unfortunately it resulted in a fine. I do not regret what I said and will continue to stand up for anyone in this organization. In all my years of hockey, never have I experienced a fan base as loyal as the Devil fans. I can't thank you enough and am honoured to say I am a Devil. I am glad to be a part of your family and cannot wait to hit the ice next Sunday and play in front of the best fans in the EIHL! "

Wannabe2

blk2hockeymum said:
Morning,

I have sent some more names to the mods to update the front page with paid.

I still have some names that i can't match up with user names so if DONE hasn't appeared by your name and you haven't PMd me please do so so i can sort out the names.

Many thanks
Al
Hockeymum sent you a pm, love this thread.

Ger-Devils said:
"I would like to thank all the fans who donated money to help pay off my fines. Although I take full responsibility for my fines, I am touched by the support of the Devils fans. I take a great deal of pride in standing up for my teammates and the organization as a whole. I expressed my thoughts and concerns and unfortunately it resulted in a fine. I do not regret what I said and will continue to stand up for anyone in this organization. In all my years of hockey, never have I experienced a fan base as loyal as the Devil fans. I can't thank you enough and am honoured to say I am a Devil. I am glad to be a part of your family and cannot wait to hit the ice next Sunday and play in front of the best fans in the EIHL! "
Such a good thing to see genuine appreciation. It's part of what makes the Devils a family.

Any news on how much raised yet?

Thread starter #92
Hi All,

As you know we are planning to leave the donations open to the end of the second period break at the fife game. I will try and count very quickly and have the final total by the end of the game.

As i said if there is any money left over after paying Devin's fines we will decide as a group where this extra should go.

A few suggestions have been made for any extra, these are:

DCF
Ty Hafan childrens hospice
Childrens hospital for Wales who are trying to fund a hydrotherapy pool
Llamau - which was the homeless charity that Chris Frank supported last season.

I believe any of the above would be a worthy cause and would also offer the opportunity to highlight the good work of the fans, the inferno and the Cardiff Devils as a whole.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post.

Thanks Again for showing how the Devils family sticks together and proving WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE EIHL

Alison

Skippy

Maybe another option could be to hang onto any extra to pay the next fine.

The guidelines are so vauge its bound to happen again soon

Alison, try and speak to Brent or their new PR/Ops manager to try and get this out publicly too? Especially if we're going to give any extra cash we raised to a chosen charity(ies)

DevilDom

helloimclaire said:
Alison, try and speak to Brent or their new PR/Ops manager to try and get this out publicly too? Especially if we're going to give any extra cash we raised to a chosen charity(ies)
I'm not sure if publiscing the fact Devils fans have paid for a player fine is a good thing. Knowing the way the league works they may look at it as though the player hasn't been punished and fine him again! :roll:

voth26

DevilDom said:
helloimclaire said:
I'm not sure if publiscing the fact Devils fans have paid for a player fine is a good thing. Knowing the way the league works they may look at it as though the player hasn't been punished and fine him again! :roll:
Why, the league didnt make any stipulation that the fine had to be paid for by deeds himself and they would only have to read the posts on this thread to find that out!!!!

James

Administrator
Id agree its best not to publicise. It is a fine from the league. The club won't want to be endorsing a player breaking the rules. It's a great example of our great fanbase but not really something to get the club involved in.