Do you want Brad back?

Sheincar

No thanks. I want a player on the ice not one who spends half the season serving penalties or suspended. He's never going to be treated fairly so it's time for him to move on.

With a heavy heart i'd have to say no.

As much as i love Brad its time to move on, yes he has been Mr Cardiff Devils for us but then so was Lawless etc...they moved on eventually and the club found a new one. They will do again.

I agree that Brad does sometimes get harshly treated by officials BUT on some occasions he doesnt help himself !!

I would just love to remember him for the last few seasons but we need to concentrate on playing games and not wondering what the officials/Brad is going to do next.

Wannabe2

Well Sheffield are moving Hell and high Water to get Brad to sign for them, wonder if they are doing this because they want a has been, or a player who is always in the bin. Wonder if Brad would come back to haunt us, and kick the living daylights out of us. Wonder if Matsos who will live or die by this seasons performance, has totally lost the plot. I know for a fact that Thompson wants him at the Blaze, oh and why we are at it the Steelers want him as there Franchise player, wonder why. Come back home Brad, we will have another tough guy on the team thats for certain, and then you will be able to play your natural game, and put the fear of god or in our case the fear of the Devil into the rest of the pretenders.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Wannabe2 said:
Well Sheffield are moving Hell and high Water to get Brad to sign for them, wonder if they are doing this because they want a has been, or a player who is always in the bin. Wonder if Brad would come back to haunt us, and kick the living daylights out of us. Wonder if Matsos who will live or die by this seasons performance, has totally lost the plot. I know for a fact that Thompson wants him at the Blaze, oh and why we are at it the Steelers want him as there Franchise player, wonder why. Come back home Brad, we will have another tough guy on the team thats for certain, and then you will be able to play your natural game, and put the fear of god or in our case the fear of the Devil into the rest of the pretenders.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
No need to be so defensive Wannade, its not like many of us are saying we dont want Brad back because he is a hasbeen !!! He is and always will be a marked man. As i have said, i domt want him to go but i think he needs to go, if that makes sense.

ASHIPP

Brad has to do what is right for him, his lovely wife and his career in the end even if it means moving to another club. No-one knows what decision he's made until it's announced. I am hoping all these positive press releases recently in South Wales indicate that Brad is at least considering returning here. I can't imagine the Club would 'talk this issue up' only to announce bad news....that would be silly. :oops:
As for other EIHL clubs, what could they possibly offer (other than more money) for Brad to join them? He's had 5 years in th UK to consider offers from Blaze, Steelers, Giants etc and much as those clubs love him (and the fans would love him to sign) he's turned them down in favour of the Devils. If he does return for 1 last season over here, we would hope he chooses the place where he is settled, he knows everyone, he's looked after,....and will be given the send off he deserves by fans who have followed him for 5 years? :?

voth26

Not sure Brad is going to return, if he is he seems to taking a very long time making up his mind!!. one possibility could be that he's reading the thoughts of the devils fans on this forum and could be getting the impression that he isnt really wanted back for several reasons such as
want a player on the ice not in sin bin or because of a severe ban ie 6/12 games
going through motions of playing
because he's a marked man on the ice.
potential has-been etc
I accept that we all have different opinions on what players we want to return, however in my humble opinion no player has done as much for the devils as brad has in the last 5 yrs. so would really like him to return

Gazza272

voth26 said:
Not sure Brad is going to return, if he is he seems to taking a very long time making up his mind!!. one possibility could be that he's reading the thoughts of the devils fans on this forum and could be getting the impression that he isnt really wanted back for several reasons such as
want a player on the ice not in sin bin or because of a severe ban ie 6/12 games
going through motions of playing
because he's a marked man on the ice.
potential has-been etc
I accept that we all have different opinions on what players we want to return, however in my humble opinion no player has done as much for the devils as brad has in the last 5 yrs. so would really like him to return

He hasnt taken that long really, it's only may, the previous season has only been finished 2 months.

If he is reading this forum and taken it to heart i would be very suprised, he's the pro and will know within himself wether he performed well or not last season. I would also hope he would take 4 years of support and 1 season of iffyness (he still scored a fair amount of points for a guy in his role) in consideration of coming back.

End of the day the ball is in his court, he knows he is wanted back. It's up to him to do whats best for himself and his family.

voth26

my point of taking a long time is because the last 2 seasons he signed quickly, another possibility is that he's signed but club keeping it quiet like pelle!!, or he's waiting to see who else we sign.

yeh would like to think brad would take into account/accept that 4yrs of solid support

Gazza272

voth26 said:
my point of taking a long time is because the last 2 seasons he signed quickly, another possibility is that he's signed but club keeping it quiet like pelle!!, or he's waiting to see who else we sign.

yeh would like to think brad would take into account/accept that 4yrs of solid support

True but then in those seasons he has never had a forthcoming wedding and he has been the right side of 30 to know he didnt have to look to the future.

He obviously loves this club, or else he wouldnt keep signing here, i believe his fiance likes the city here as well. For me the Steelers offer would have to be a true godfather style an offer he cant refuse to go there. But at the same time it's obviously not impossible.

voth26 said:
one possibility could be that he's reading the thoughts of the devils fans on this forum and could be getting the impression that he isnt really wanted back.
And he could also be reading Steeltalk to see many of them do not want him there full stop!! Either way, he's big enough and ugly enough to make his own mind up :)

ASHIPP

phil PLT said:
voth26 said:
one possibility could be that he's reading the thoughts of the devils fans on this forum and could be getting the impression that he isnt really wanted back.
And he could also be reading Steeltalk to see many of them do not want him there full stop!! Either way, he's big enough and ugly enough to make his own mind up :)
Ugly enough? :? I once posted on here that Brad was a big Scandanavian-looking love god.....and he still IS! :cool:

And there are a thousand better reasons than that for Brad being respected by the fans and wanting his return. :twisted:

Three points to mention:

1. If Brad is 'past his best', why are the Steelers alledgedly doing everything they can to sign him?

2. If Brad does go to the Steelers or any other EIHL club, he is still going to be a target for the refs/officials

3. The article in the Stir could all be just a big hoax - Brad has not actually signed for the Steelers but positive press release to show how hard they tried to persuade him?