Do you want Brad back?

Thread starter #1
ok guys,
just wondering about Brad.
Some people like him, some people don't...
just wondering what your views are?... :?:

A

Anonymous

I love watching the bloke, he gets up to all sorts off the puck. Defo want him to stay !!

I would love brad back but some better ref's please so hes free to do his thing without being penalised all the time. When brad is free to play like he can hes unstoppable, unfortunately we haven't had that in a while.

Diafol

He looked very subdued at times last season, wasn't his usual self at all. Entirely due to the reffing IMO.

Would still have him back like a shot though.

voth26

Hell yeah in a heartbeat so long as brad wants to come back, he knows he's a fan favorite have to say i felt sorry for him at timeswith the refs pm him all the time

I love the bloke to bits and what he's done for Cardiff Devils whilst he's been with us has been truly fantastic. If Brad is to come back, I would sooner have him back playing for us than against us - make no mistake.

I would have him back in a flash, but with one condition - The only way I would want him back is IF he is allowed to play on a level playing field with all the other players in the league. The saddest thing is that that he won't be given fair treatment - and whilst the referees will say that they don't pick on him, I just don't believe them. We just don't have the standard of officiating in the EIHL that would allow Brad to play his game.

I fear that if he did come back, he would end up sitting out at least 12 games of the season for skating too quickly or hitting the puck too hard - ou know the sort of really dangerous made up penalties that the EIHL have been able to bring in to suit other teams convenience.

Brad is a top bloke and a true gent. Should he decide to leave Cardiff - I would wish him every success and thank him for all the enjoyment of the past 5 years.

DevilDom

In a word it would have to be a big fat YES.

I hear the sentiments of others saying he is targeted by officials and that may not be good for the team, however we can't build a team based around poor officiating.

James

Administrator
Yes, I'd hope he does come back. I fancy we will find out one way or another pretty soon. I'm not sure the on ice officials over penalise him too much, although he probably gets less benefit of the doubt than others, it's the league disciplinary board that seem to have it in for him. In every case he's had a long suspension he's probably deserved a game or match penalty on the night, it's just the silly long bans. I'd love to see Brad back, I certainly wouldn't want to see him playing agains us, and I'd bet there are some big offers out there from other clubs. I would however like him back with an enforcer on the team to watch his back. He plays his best hockey when there are others to take the heat

Chris

Administrator
For me it depends on what the rest of our signings are like, Voth plays his best game when there are others there who can, and more importantly, WILL stand up and not just leave it to him.

If we can bring in a d-man similar to McAllister or the rumoured Spiller then we'd see a return of the Voth everyone liked from the first 4 seasons, however if we expect it to be Voth to stand up for the whole team i'm not sure it would be a good move.

We keep hearing about 'no one being bigger than the club' and I guess looking at it objectively, if Voth is going to take suspensions throughout the season and major penalties that aren't his fault then it's going to harm the club as a whole.

I certainly don't want to see him playing against us though, having absolutely no faith at all in the EIHL I expect we'd see the best Voth has to offer playing for a bigger team simply because he won't be dealt the suspensions he's likely to get here.

I'm typing stuff randomly now, but the added bonus of Voth coming back is to our marketing, i'd say he's probably one of the first players new fans to the sport learn the name of, he's easily recognisable and it would seem our marketing has been based around him, along with other clubs infact...

With Voths name being mentioned in the Echo so frequently recently I expect/hope we'll find out sooner rather than later what's happening...

Chris.

Koop11

Brad is huge for the club on and off the ice but we have to all admit he was not quite himself last season. Whether that’s down to officials, age, desire, the players on his line, who knows. What I do know is when Voth is on his game and is allowed to play it fairly then there is no better power forward in the league.

Should Voth decide to return, I would like to see another player who can contribute to the rough stuff allowing Voth to play his game. If Voth can get back to his game of chasing his own puck, huge (but fair) hits and in and around the goalie’s face, especially on the PP, then he’ll have a hell of a lot of productivity again. If he goes into his shell, for whatever reason, then it could be his last season for the club.

Mr Cardiff Devils maybe back and if so he will certainly be welcomed back by many happy fans. His influence to the club on the ice and off is second to none. Here’s hoping for the best of Brad again.