Disciplinary Review

James

Administrator
Correct. If an import is banned, their import slot is still taken up by them, so a team like panthers with too many imports can't just swap them out and put another import in.

I do like it when the Cage melts down. There are some hilarious comments on there.

ASHIPP

James said:
Correct. If an import is banned, their import slot is still taken up by them, so a team like panthers with too many imports can't just swap them out and put another import in.

I do like it when the Cage melts down. There are some hilarious comments on there.
Does this mean that another Panthers import will have to sit out for Heerema to play or is he a direct replacement for Dustin Sproat? :? Nothing is ever simple on Planet Panthers - there have been so many injuries, bans, replacements, am I the only person who is completely confused?! :lol:

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
James said:

Does this mean that another Panthers import will have to sit out for Heerema to play or is he a direct replacement for Dustin Sproat? :? Nothing is ever simple on Planet Panthers - there have been so many injuries, bans, replacements, am I the only person who is completely confused?! :lol:

They have to play 2 imports short for the duration of Glabraiths ban and then 1 import short for the duration of Penners.

drainage

my my had a giggle over on the cage !!! they even managed to get Voths ban against Tait in there ! it seems to be a yardstick for bans now!! They are in danger of imploding !

Wannabe2

This is supposed to be the outcome

For Panthers:

Meyers gets seven for his blindside hit on Jaeger but he is injured anyway.
Penner gets five, Galbraith one, Levers one.
Bench coach gets three.

For Blaze:

Cruickers gets nine.
Nell gets one.
Thommo gets two.

Wannabe2

Its Official

ELITE LEAGUE DISCIPLINE
December 8, 2010
The Elite League disciplinary committee has reviewed the video of the match between Coventry Blaze and Nottingham Panthers on Saturday 4th December 2010 at the Skydome. The following penalties will apply in relation to the bench clearance brawl in the second period.

Brad Cruikshank (Coventry Blaze): 9 matches
Cruikshank was awarded two match penalties on the night, one for obscene gestures and one for excessive roughness. As per Elite League suspension tariffs, an additional one-match penalty is added to both offences to total four matches.
He has also been handed a five-match ban for leaving the linesman to run the Nottingham Panthers netminder Craig Kowalski after being thrown out of the game. Cruikshank will serve a total of nine games (one of which has already been served).

Aaron Nell (Coventry Blaze): 1 match
Nell has been handed a one-match ban for leaving the penalty box to join an altercation.

Paul Thompson (Coventry Blaze head coach): 2 matches
Paul Thompson receives a two-match ban as per sundry penalties in the Elite League rules in the event of a bench clearance.

Jade Galbraith (Nottingham Panthers): 1 match
Galbraith has been handed a one-match ban for leaving the penalty box to join an altercation.

David Graham (Nottingham Panthers bench coach): 3 matches
David Graham received a match penalty for failure to control the bench on the night, and an additional two as per sundry penalties in the Elite League rules in the event of a bench clearance. Graham in total receives a three-match ban (one of which has already been served).

Marc Levers (Nottingham Panthers): 1 match
Levers has been handed a one-match ban for leaving the penalty box to join an altercation.

Danny Meyers (Nottingham Panthers): 7 matches
Meyers was handed a one-match ban for excessive rough play and as per Elite League suspension tariffs, an additional one-match penalty is added to the offence.
After the supplementary discipline review, Meyers has been handed an extra five-match ban for a blindside hit on Coventry netminder Brett Jaeger and will serve a total of seven matches.

Alex Penner (Nottingham Panthers): 5 matches
Penner was handed a match penalty for leaving the penalty box to join an altercation. He was also handed a match penalty for fighting and, as Elite League suspension tariffs, an additional one-match penalty is added to the offence.
After the supplementary discipline review, Penner has been handed an extra two-match ban for having another altercation after the incidents had stopped. Penner will serve a five-match ban (one of which has already been served).
Tags: ELITE LEAGUE DISCIPLINE

jimmy snels

i was going to come up with a good comparision with suspensions we've recieved in the past, make a sencable statment and thought i might even try and make sence of the bans. instead im going to go with............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DevilDom

Thread starter #29
It's refreshing to see that no one (except coach Corey) has got away with it.

Maybe the criticisms of inconsistent disciplinary procedures are finally starting to get through to some people which is good news.

I can see why the Panthers are a little annoyed... I expected Shanker to get a few more matches than that, but it is what it is.

The ban on Meyer's is pretty irrelevant given that he's injured, the League probably just gave him 7 games to look 'tough'.

Looking at the media coverage this 'incident' has recieved, I kinda think the league is shooting itself in the foot for being so harsh with bans all the time. It was the same last year with us against Hull, loads of casual fans probably thought that was the best game ever.