Devins social media fine collection

Thread starter #1
Following today's announcement I would like to update you on the fine collection we had for Devin.

In total we collected £385, £300 to pay fines and Devin was to choose the charity for the remaining £85.

Following countless attempts to get Devin to contact me via various methods (twitter, devils management, other players, people via ladies night) Devin has for whatever reason has chosen not to contact me.

My last attempt was the Nottingham game when again I handed over my email addy and mobile number.

I personally feel very disappointed in this outcome, I never imagined trying to give a guy £300 would be this difficult.

I therefore propose that all of the money collected should be donated to a charity, perhaps HP4k that Chris and Mac are involved with.

I do not intend for this thread to turn in to a people bashing thread as Devin has chosen not to contact me for reasons unknown, but lots of good can still come out of this by donating it to charity.

Many thanks
Alison

DevilDom

I'd like to give Devin the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe Devin was a little embarassed to be taking the money or he never intended to pay the EIHL!

HPK seems like an excellent choice though.

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
I'd like to give Devin the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe Devin was a little embarassed to be taking the money or he never intended to pay the EIHL!

I agree with HP4K but just to be clear Deeds has paid the fines.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
DevilDom said:

I agree with HP4K but just to be clear Deeds has paid the fines.
So even better then. He paid his fines and still didn't want to take the money from the fans. He did thank the fans for the collection in his blog too.

Paul Sullivan

Seems pretty unanimous and a great cause too.

I will speak to Mac and suggest this - does everyone who donated need to be contacted to see if they are ok with this?

I am sure the HP4K guys would be thrilled at this gesture, were it to happen.

Paul Sullivan said:
Seems pretty unanimous and a great cause too.

I will speak to Mac and suggest this - does everyone who donated need to be contacted to see if they are ok with this?

I am sure the HP4K guys would be thrilled at this gesture, were it to happen.
Right now I can't think of anything else that would be more rewarding. Mac and the others are so committed and passionate about HP4K that it only seems right that as this money was raised for something to do with the club, they should be top.

The generous folk here willingly dipped into their pockets but as it turns out the gesture, whilst warmly received, wasn't required. What better way to use it than for fans to pass it to Mac, Stu,Tyson and Chris who are giving their time and effort to the local community, especially at this time of the year when they're doing great work for people who probably havn't had a fair shake of the stick. Just my thoughts