Devils Vs The Clan - Sunday 20th - Chat & Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Ryan Finnerty's Clan roll into town on Sunday

Devils will have a web cast at the usual location of http://www.icetime.tv/

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

BostonBart22

29 seats left as at wed. morning,, is this gonna be the fastest sellout for seats, and its only the clan no disrespect to them,,imagine the sales boxing day for coventry. :)

BostonBart22 said:
29 seats left as at wed. morning,, is this gonna be the fastest sellout for seats, and its only the clan no disrespect to them,,imagine the sales boxing day for coventry. :)
I have spent far too long, this week, checking ticket sales.

Have Hope#35

Easily our worst performance at home this year... After the first 10mins we didn't look interested and the passing was woeful! One to forget about and move on as we gained the same points this weekend as Shuff and Panties!

backrow

The Clan this evening put on a clinic in terms of how to play on the road. Holt and his defense core gave up very few really good scoring chances the whole game. It seemed like the Devils were going to need a deflection or a rebound to score on Holt and they didn't get them.
When referee Hogarth put his whistle away early it also allowed the Clan to be even more aggressive in their play.
Every weekend we are reminded that there are no easy wins in the EIHL this year!

august04

That was very frustrating to watch, not helped by the referee putting his whistle away. Constant infringements, holding not called made it a poor game for the spectators. Saying that, the Devils were dreadful, their passing was appalling all over the ice and we even lost the battles along the boards which is very unusual at the BBT. Holt had an easy ride with no pressure in front of him, he saw everything so easily. How we can win against the odds at the NIC and then perform like that, I have no idea. The Clan had a tough game last night and travelled from Scotland so we can't blame the defeat on tiredness. A big chance lost tonight.

KaneDevils

Beat a very good Panthers side in their own barn, scoring 5 in the process, then lose at home to an average clan side scoring just once. Very disappointing and very frustrating.

ASHIPP

Congratulations to the Clan for a good regulation win at the BBT. Played a great road game taking a few chances well. Their netminder was unbeatable after that first goal and a very tight defence especially in p3 with the 4 on 6.

Very disappointing performance from the Devils, especially in front of a sellout crowd who became less animated as the game went on. Devils lacked energy, aggression and seemed devoid of ideas. They lost many battles from faceoffs to the corners to passing. They were bullied by the Clan. Only players with any consistency in their performance were Joey Martin and Chris Culligan.

We have been spoilt with great results recently. Perhaps we shouldn't expect them as any team can beat any other on the night. Would be fantastic if our Guys could manage that against Giants on the 23rd.

Gutted after last nights result, we just couldn't keep hold of the puck for longer than 2 seconds, passing was terrible, a few players not on their game just not controlling the puck properly.

I know that once the clan went ahead they just put 4 guys along the blue line but surely there must be a tactic to get around this, it just seemed too easy for the clan to defend

osh

As others have said, frustrating and very disappointing performance tonight, especially after such a good away win last night. Firstly, I have to give credit to Braehead for their great team effort, they seemed to want this win much more than we did which really surprised me. They hassled us all over the ice, causing us to make far too many elementary mistakes which were punished. There will always be games where the odd player or two play below par, and a team can sometimes carry one or two such players. Tonight however, I cannot think of any out ice player who played well, Far too many mistakes, too many poor passes, too many times players couldn't control the puck, too many poor decisions. I have to say that Hotham was next to useless tonight, and I am a big fan of his. He is nowhere near the player he was last year. Tonight he was far too casual, even lazy at times. He gave up more pucks to the opposition than I've ever seen before, he was pushed off the puck by smaller more energetic players and looked as if he was merely going through the motions. He cannot live on reputation alone, and I think there will be some harsh words heading in his direction this week.
Finally, I sincerely hope we can get Ben Davies back next season ! He was awesome tonight I thought. Bags of energy used in the correct manner ( even jumping on top of Hotham after the collision with their net minder, brave for a player of his size ) he won plenty of face offs and used his pace to get behind our ponderous D many times,took some big hits and just got on with things, oh yeh, and scored a decent goal. We could do with a Brit like him and let's hope Lord sees it that way too. What a shame we couldn't follow up on last night's great result with a decent performance in front of a sell out crowd who were badly let down in my opinion. Safe trip home to the great Clan fans I spoke with tonight.

Wannabe2

osh said:
As others have said, frustrating and very disappointing performance tonight, especially after such a good away win last night. Firstly, I have to give credit to Braehead for their great team effort, they seemed to want this win much more than we did which really surprised me. They hassled us all over the ice, causing us to make far too many elementary mistakes which were punished. There will always be games where the odd player or two play below par, and a team can sometimes carry one or two such players. Tonight however, I cannot think of any out ice player who played well, Far too many mistakes, too many poor passes, too many times players couldn't control the puck, too many poor decisions. I have to say that Hotham was next to useless tonight, and I am a big fan of his. He is nowhere near the player he was last year. Tonight he was far too casual, even lazy at times. He gave up more pucks to the opposition than I've ever seen before, he was pushed off the puck by smaller more energetic players and looked as if he was merely going through the motions. He cannot live on reputation alone, and I think there will be some harsh words heading in his direction this week.
Finally, I sincerely hope we can get Ben Davies back next season ! He was awesome tonight I thought. Bags of energy used in the correct manner ( even jumping on top of Hotham after the

collision with their net minder, brave for a player of his size ) he won plenty of face offs and used his pace to get behind our ponderous D many times,took some big hits and just got on with things, oh yeh, and scored a decent goal. We could do with a Brit like him and let's hope Lord sees it that way too. What a shame we couldn't follow up on last night's great result with a decent performance in front of a sell out crowd who were badly let down in my opinion. Safe trip home to the great Clan fans I spoke with tonight.
I did think Joey Martin worked his socks off tonight, but totally agree we were very very poor tonight, which was a great shame after yesterday's achievement.

Sheincar

august04 said:
That was very frustrating to watch, not helped by the referee putting his whistle away. Constant infringements, holding not called made it a poor game for the spectators. Saying that, the Devils were dreadful, their passing was appalling all over the ice and we even lost the battles along the boards which is very unusual at the BBT. Holt had an easy ride with no pressure in front of him, he saw everything so easily. How we can win against the odds at the NIC and then perform like that, I have no idea. The Clan had a tough game last night and travelled from Scotland so we can't blame the defeat on tiredness. A big chance lost tonight.
Flew from Scotland so no travel legs.

august04

Sheincar said:
august04 said:
Flew from Scotland so no travel legs.
No travel legs but flying is a pain in the ass too nowadays. We only had a bus journey back from
Nottingham so no real advantage one way or the other for either team. I agree with Osh - Clan looked hungrier and that they wanted it more than us, which is hard to accept and also about Hotham - that was the worst game I've ever seen him play and it spread to everyone. His defensive play and distribution from the back end have been a concern for a few weeks, even though he's riding high in the scoring charts. But he wasn't on his own tonight. I think we miss the consistent quality of the Lord-Martin-Morrissette line too. At least when the other lines weren't functioning that line always produced. Tonight we had 3 lines that looked lost.

Totally agree with what's been said previously, don't really know what happened tonight but the signing after the game definitely cheered me up a bit, they were all really nice lads and it was nice meeting them. Oh well, on to the next game!

jimmy snels

Worst I've watched in quite some time! We were abysmal to be honest. We had players missing on every line tonight, atrocious. Hotham was absolute horse turd. Morrisette lord and kurka were nearly as bad. Only people with any passion were salters and hendrikx, and batch n richie did very little wrong. Im mystified as to what happened but i never want to watch rubbish like that again. Hogarth consistent tonight, let the game go and called almost nothing (fine by me) and we threw what, 5 hits all night? 3 were by hendrikx in a 1 minute period ffs!!!