Devils Vs Storm - League - 10th Nov 23 - FO 19:30

Glad that‘s the last time we’ll see the Storm here in league action as they are a horrible road team to play against. Well organised, great netminder and when they get a chance they usually take it.

Add in the fact that at times the officiating was truly woeful and that is a massive two points and should do wonders for our confidence. Great character win from the guys who for large spells dominated the game but couldn‘t make it count whether it be down to poor finishing, outstanding netminding or pathetic officiating.

I guess it’s kind of ironic that after being on the receiving end of poor decision after poor decision for almost the whole game the one time it goes in our favour we win the game!
There was people predicting them to finish 10th before season started, they have started season with a point to prove and what a signing evan weninger has been for them

ASHIPP

A great character win tonight, especially after p2 poor, unbalanced officiating could have been enough to dampen any motivation.
Tyler Wall is a good 'un. A very strong, reassuring performance from him.

The Storm is a team that play tight and take their chances. They are relentless with their work ethic and checking. At times the Devils' players gave Storm far too much space and time to block shots and instigate turnovers. Thankfully Storm won't be playing here again in the League. Let's hope we are not drawn against them in other competitions.

A dogged win that took a fair team spirit and a belief in the process/system attitude to accomplish. Still rather baffled by some of calls - there was certainly an inconsistency between Messrs Rose and Jarvie as to how long each go would be allowed to carry on playing the puck (which caused no end of frustration to the lady I was sat next to - I don’t think either official will be getting a Christmas card from her)
Somewhat bemused that Mr Russell hasn’t yet, or rather doesn’t appear to have, worked out that the Devils seem to struggle most at home against teams that negate the Devils Go Forward speed by sending the puck in behind the defence and pressurising for all they are worth - Storm created a number of Grade A chances in our D zone, resulting in numerous Devils turnovers in the Red Zone, and on another day the score line could have been very different.
Not sure if the state of the ice played a part in tonight’s apparent lack of composure by the Devils or if it had any influence on the number of Devils sticks that broke at key moments - but I noticed a number of failed D zone clearance passes and indeed Alderson bullet shots missed because of wobbles and bobbles due to the ice - #Controlwhatyoucancontrol

E.D.S.

That was just dire. Awful game. As quickly as we entered the zone with the puck the Storm were skating out with it. We couldn't exit our zone properly at all and struggled to set anything up as well. Even when a pass went to the stick it bounced off it into centre. Nothing went for us. We seemed poor in the dot as well, although I've not seen any stats. Any team tonight could have beaten us. Cox needs to sit a few games. He just isn't at the races at all. That poor breakaway said it all. Appalling attempt. His confidence looks very low. I would have taken a point after the second period but we some how found a way to win it, even with Crawford given another masterclass in how not to bother defending. Wall looks very very good. Some superb saves. I'm hoping they are saving Davies and Chad for tomorrow as this team needs their energy.

A game that just screams "we got the points, move on".

Long discussion with the refs in the locker room about whether subsequent penalties will follow for Ginn.

Diablo3

PR got it spot on, we were sloppy in the first two periods, then played well in the third.
Some bizarre decisions from the stripes got our guys fired up in the third, we started hitting a bit more, which got us the W

BostonBart22

That was just dire. Awful game. As quickly as we entered the zone with the puck the Storm were skating out with it. We couldn't exit our zone properly at all and struggled to set anything up as well. Even when a pass went to the stick it bounced off it into centre. Nothing went for us. We seemed poor in the dot as well, although I've not seen any stats. Any team tonight could have beaten us. Cox needs to sit a few games. He just isn't at the races at all. That poor breakaway said it all. Appalling attempt. His confidence looks very low. I would have taken a point after the second period but we some how found a way to win it, even with Crawford given another masterclass in how not to bother defending. Wall looks very very good. Some superb saves. I'm hoping they are saving Davies and Chad for tomorrow as this team needs their energy.

A game that just screams "we got the points, move on".

Long discussion with the refs in the locker room about whether subsequent penalties will follow for Ginn.
What did ginn do ?

BostonBart22

Got possessed by Adam Keefe.
Spat his dummy out, launched a clipboard, slammed the bench door a few times, marched into the locker room and slammed the door behind him.
Love it , ha ha well that's a game ban if the officials got the nuts to report it, poor fife coach had a game ban for throwing a bottle in the air .

Earnie

I tried to determine if the players were in the main were wearing neck guards last night. I found it very difficult. Final conclusion was ‘not sure’.