Devils Vs Steelers - Weekend Double header - Chat / Updates

Wannabe2

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - Weekend Double header - Chat / Upda

It really was too early to have played that last night, tempting fate is never clever, but a massive thank you to Faulkners Fusiliers for a superb performance.

Wannabe2

Pinched myself this morning to make sure I didnt dream last night, great xmas pressie for all Devils fans, thanks guys.

Koop11

Well last week’s game of the season has certainly been surpassed by last night’s performance. Great display all around. We were strong in all areas of the ice, including special teams. We stood up for ourselves, hitting, fighting and playing an aggressive forecheck. It was pleasing to see us move away from a dump and (not) chase approach and taking guys head on. To top it all off, we were blessed to witness a goal tending display that the Bay has not seen in a long time. All this with 2 imports down.

Nice to see both Plumpton and Marsh go at Fata who looks a shadow of the player he once was (is it me or is Fata getting fatter?). Marsh is pound for pound one of the toughest guys in this league but doesn’t fight unless he has to. The cheap shot made him see red and it was good to see him let off steam on Fata. I think Fata was in the box for at least 4 of our goals this weekend.

Ben was targeted all game but he took it in his stride. It’s always a sign that Ben in embarrassing a team when they go at him. A great performance from him this weekend. Myers has been one of our most consistent players and it’s great to see him getting rewarded with some goals of late. Signing of the season for me. Kurka is a different class and is consistently performing for us. Faulkner’s work rate and leadership is quality. I could go on. The team all played a great game last might.

Lovely Christmas present, thank you. Rock on the festive double header with Coventry.

Really enjoyed that game on the free stream last night. Looked a cracker.
Merry Christmas from Belfast

osh

Excellent post Koop11. I have to agree with you about Tomas Kurka, he has been brilliant since icing for us. He never seems flustered, creates space where there isn't any, is totally unselfish and puts the puck exactly where his team mates want it. I watched him closely last night and he has the knack of great anticipation, knowing were the puck is going to be and seeing a move one step ahead of everyone else. He works hard back checking and his goal was top class. Tomas is someone who we should be busting a gut to hold on to for next season. As for Ben,he has been awesome so far and it's fair to say he is being targeted for some pretty rough treatment due to his speed and persistence, also took his goal well last night and was pleased for him. Not forgetting we were 2 imports down, I thought team were brilliant and looks like we have a character in our nets for sure. Finally, I must give credit to all our British players who week in week out step up to the mark. They have all improved their performances, especially this season, well done guys.

These last five home games have been magical, I've fallen in love again! Cook was really rather good and the team played like we thought they would at the start of the season. I thought I hadn't seen Liimateinen but I hope he's ok. Blight too. Gutted I'm missing the Blaze game next week.

Merry Christmas all!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Awesome game last night, Cook had one of the best n/m performances I've seen from one of our guys in a long time. Brits were brilliant as usual. Big thanks to the Sheffield Steelers coach driver Who gave my little boy a puck last night,Just a nice little gesture that made his night!

Ocko

Great hockey is back in Cardiff. Not only are we getting results we're also playing good hockey. We play physical but disciplined, dump and chase is gone and the lines are finally spot on. I've enjoyed the past few games as much as any in the BBT era.

Another mention for Kurka. Right now he is on par with Weller for his impact. A different player obviously but for what he lacks in the presence Weller had he has the additional skill. He's too good for this league and it shows. I hope the management throw their wallet at him for next season.

I know there are plans in place for a new player coach next year if the press releases and rumours are to be believed but at the moment I wouldn't change a thing. Faulkner has to be retained, and early, as his leadership has likely to have been vital.

Who'd have thought we were 2 top imports down? We'll get even stronger with Joonas and Blight back. But I hope players like Quiney retain some of their ice time. Since his first game on D in the Belfast double header he has developed more than he has in the whole time he's been here. He's never going to be a superstar admittedly but he's effective and makes good simple plays. He's really earnt his contract and a place on a EIHL team recently.

Smile is back on my face!
Brilliant night great atmosphere. 5 games home win. Beating top sides.
Kurka for me is by far the most skillful player we have seen. His no look passes are amazing.
Cookie monster had a great first game.
Bennie's goal was a true reward for the battering he got. No protection from the ref.
The whole team were 1st class.
But Dear Santa. please give us the following.
Ref's who call it both ways!
A run of no injuries.
D.J. who reads the atmosphere and lets the crowd "make some noise"
And sack the drummer. It's not a performance!
Loads and loads of goals for the Devils.
Merry Christmas to the Guys and our Fans