Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Diafol

And?

I don’t get this negatively towards the club trying to sell tickets. If we don’t sell out, we‘ll never be able to compete with Sheffield etc.
I'm all for the club trying to sell tickets, I just think the club need to read the room sometimes.
At least PR seems to have noted the dissatisfaction among the majority of customers.

kingmo19.1

I’m not sure they removed it completely as a possibility? I think it’s still one of the options for Challenger teams to qualify for CHL.

Imagine if we won the Conti Cup and they decided we’d get the CHL spot ahead of Sheffield…….
Unless we recruited a lot better I’d rather we didn’t go anywhere near the CHL. We’d be the whipping boys and a complete laughing stock.

august04 2.0

I’m not sure they removed it completely as a possibility? I think it’s still one of the options for Challenger teams to qualify for CHL.

Imagine if we won the Conti Cup and they decided we’d get the CHL spot ahead of Sheffield…….
Well they announced in Jan 23 that no space was available for the Conti Cup Winners in the next CHL season and I haven’t seen anything since then that’s changed that position. I could be wrong though, but I’m sure we would have heard about it by now if that was the case.
And I’d love your scenario to happen! I fear it won’t though!

Wannabe2

I don’t agree we have a room full of very good hockey players, we have a room full of pretenders, pretending they are good when in fact they are pretty poor. That arena is only full of true honest people, and that’s the fans, the very people who are being taken for a ride. I am glad people leaving early was noticed by the bench, because guess what fans don’t leave early when they are getting their hard earned cash worth in a decent produce. Fans can’t wait for next week to arrive so they can see their side play again, and only leave early when garbage is dished out to them, you can fool some people some of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all of the time.

kingmo19.1

What also worries me (as if tonight wasn’t depressing enough) is our aging Brit pack.

Richardson, Davies, Batch and Bowns all into their 30’s, and Will Waller even want to stick around for another season when he’ll likely have better options elsewhere?

MA18

What also worries me (as if tonight wasn’t depressing enough) is our aging Brit pack.

Richardson, Davies, Batch and Bowns all into their 30’s, and Will Waller even want to stick around for another season when he’ll likely have better options elsewhere?
I don’t think Richie will be back next year, neither will Batch and we’ve definitely had the best out of Bowns.

Mooney#16

I’m afraid I’ve been reduced to this point but the following need their contracts terminating and replacing in the next few weeks as there is simply nothing to lose by doing it.

Cox, Sanford, Busch, Alderson, Crandall, Rhymsha and Pietroniro. Wilde needs to work out how to play physical hockey and fast also or he can go again.

Martin needs to be relegated onto the third line and Mosey moved back into the forwards with Martin and Waller.

Need a whole new first line and some D men who can actually make physical contact with an opposition forward.

I actually disagree with PR with some of his comments. I thought along with a sheer lack of ability to play physical hockey there were basic fundamental mental lapses across multiple players in multiple areas. They just simply couldn’t play to the required level. That is the most frustrated I have been at a Devils game in a long time as it was just genuinely that bad of an effort. That team lacks hockey intelligence, doesn’t have a detailed approach to the game and simply cannot get close to playing championship winning hockey.

Some tough calls there but unfortunately those players have had plenty of opportunity and have come up short. The one caveat is Chad who I think has given his full commitment but I just don’t think Devils can sustain two import spares. The budget needs to be on the ice. I honestly hoped the players could elevate their game and put things right but it’s not gonna happen.

august04 2.0

I’m afraid I’ve been reduced to this point but the following need their contracts terminating and replacing in the next few weeks as there is simply nothing to lose by doing it.

Cox, Sanford, Busch, Alderson, Crandall, Rhymsha and Pietroniro. Wilde needs to work out how to play physical hockey and fast also or he can go again.

Martin needs to be relegated onto the third line and Mosey moved back into the forwards with Martin and Waller.

Need a whole new first line and some D men who can actually make physical contact with an opposition forward.

I actually disagree with PR with some of his comments. I thought along with a sheer lack of ability to play physical hockey there were basic fundamental mental lapses across multiple players in multiple areas. They just simply couldn’t play to the required level. That is the most frustrated I have been at a Devils game in a long time as it was just genuinely that bad of an effort. That team lacks hockey intelligence, doesn’t have a detailed approach to the game and simply cannot get close to playing championship winning hockey.

Some tough calls there but unfortunately those players have had plenty of opportunity and have come up short. The one caveat is Chad who I think has given his full commitment but I just don’t think Devils can sustain two import spares. The budget needs to be on the ice. I honestly hoped the players could elevate their game and put things right but it’s not gonna happen.
I can’t argue with that list and I’d add others too. Cox and Sanford might raise some eyebrows but not for me - they are both capable of scoring heavily but too often vanish when the heat Is on. This has to be their last year in Cardiff for me, but I don’t think they’ll go before the end of the year. I was really expecting more from Arniel with his pedigree and I really dislike the way that Crawford plays (ability to actually defend and shithousery). It’s just not for me. Radical change needed but it won’t happen.

BostonBart22

Well 9 fan bases were laughing at Sheffield last summer when they didn’t sack Fox. Even Sheffield fans wanted him gone. I don’t think it’s unfair to say he was lucky to still be Steelers coach this season after an underwhelming reign so far. Until this season of course.
Yes they stuck with him , believe it's his 5th season now and only won the challenge cup in that time. The way fox has turned it around is incredible after last season, and tbh the grand slam is there for the taking, and we'll done to them if they do it , the other 9 teams are just not good enough to win anything this season unfortunately..

BostonBart22

I’m sure if we win the Conti Cup, that will be seen as a great success and all will be rosy again. For me, it’s a second rate Euro competition for those not good enough to make the CHL (sums the prestige of the competition up when those better placed than us, declined to enter!). Given the lack of a CHL spot for the winners anymore, I’m surprised we even bothered with it. Although it’s a good piss up for fans and owners I suppose.
The team would need to improve 75% not to win a game in the conti cup , but to score any type of pp goal , now that would be a bonus even if we did that.