Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

jenks33

That’s fair enough.
i just wonder whether actually he wasn’t that bad… his teammates in Denmark seemed ok with having him back for a second year.
I suppose we’ll never really know. Unless he does come back one day. That would tell me he couldn’t have been that bad if we are happy to re-sign him.

august04 2.0

I’m sure if we win the Conti Cup, that will be seen as a great success and all will be rosy again. For me, it’s a second rate Euro competition for those not good enough to make the CHL (sums the prestige of the competition up when those better placed than us, declined to enter!). Given the lack of a CHL spot for the winners anymore, I’m surprised we even bothered with it. Although it’s a good piss up for fans and owners I suppose.

ASHIPP

Whether the team and hierarchy liked him or not, how many times did he concede 4 or more goals? Carruth took pride in what he done, what we have now can't be compared. Carruth seems like he won't take slackers and will call them out. Sometimes the truth hurts hence the unnecessary dislike to him.

It's accepted as the norm now with the mediocre goalies. Should have taken a gamble on Peyton Jones, Booth just wasn't given a chance and Wall has a few holes in it. Jones has made the ECHL All Star team already this season, surely that speaks volumes.

Big miss in D is Matt Register, may not be the big hitter or skater but he could read the game, create plays and close down attacks.
Aah yes, you mean Peyton Jones who has just been called up to the Iowa Wild AHL team, and the glorious, highly intelligent Matt Register, last year's ECHL Defenceman of the Year and All Star Team selection. It's almost an embarrassment that players that good (and I include Carruth too) played in this league and were not pursued for renewed contracts.

Wannabe2

Well I thought we played really well for the first 36 seconds, then it all went down hill, Steelers are without a doubt the Mutts Nutts, fast, skilful,well coached , and A TEAM, it surely was Men against boys tonight. For me you could have the best coach on the planet on our bench, but he wouldn’t win a thing with this side, I don’t call them a team because they aint one. At the end of the day we can say we don’t do this, we don’t do that, the Coach is this, the Coach is that, but we have a pretty lousy side, yes we are second in the league but we won’t finish there. I left tonight with 10 minutes left, rushed to get there, had no food before going, and then watched a shit side, not team a side, show how shit they can be. But at long last the penny has dropped, we just ain’t that good, in fact we are shit, and as already been said you can’t polish a turd . When you wake up and smell the coffee, and you realise it’s not the players fault that they are pretty lousy players, and that your side are also lousy to watch then reality kicks in, the dream is just that, a dream. Every dog has its day and this is Steelers time, and good luck to them. We have a lousy team, with lousy music, a lousy nights entertainment, and by far one of the lousiest tickets in town, but every cloud has a silver lining, there’s always next season, plus play off weekend will be spent in the sun with a few beers. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

august04 2.0

At last, some passion! It worries me that he mentions fatigue yet again though. He says this team is soft, stop putting ready made excuses like tiredness in these players‘ minds! They’re weak mentally, gives them an all too easy way out. Actions speak louder than words, let’s see what happens on the weekend, particularly in the home game v Giants.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #154
Seems like a good, honest interview from PR?

He says he's not calling the players out, but it kinda sounds like he's a little miffed with them at the moment?

Ackowledges the fans walking out of the game early as well, if that is being picked up on from the bench then maybe the fans general unhappiness at the current results/effort/whatever is being felt...

august04 2.0

What are you expecting? Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn’t
I’m expecting a team to play the way the coach wants them to play! If he’s so pro hitting/physical, why aren’t they playing that way? If they’re not listening to him, either get rid of them and find players who will listen to him, or change the messenger.

kingmo19.1

Well I thought we played really well for the first 36 seconds, then it all went down hill, Steelers are without a doubt the Mutts Nutts, fast, skilful,well coached , and A TEAM, it surely was Men against boys tonight. For me you could have the best coach on the planet on our bench, but he wouldn’t win a thing with this side, I don’t call them a team because they aint one. At the end of the day we can say we don’t do this, we don’t do that, the Coach is this, the Coach is that, but we have a pretty lousy side, yes we are second in the league but we won’t finish there. I left tonight with 10 minutes left, rushed to get there, had no food before going, and then watched a shit side, not team a side, show how shit they can be. But at long last the penny has dropped, we just ain’t that good, in fact we are shit, and as already been said you can’t polish a turd . When you wake up and smell the coffee, and you realise it’s not the players fault that they are pretty lousy players, and that your side are also lousy to watch then reality kicks in, the dream is just that, a dream. Every dog has its day and this is Steelers time, and good luck to them. We have a lousy team, with lousy music, a lousy nights entertainment, and by far one of the lousiest tickets in town, but every cloud has a silver lining, there’s always next season, plus play off weekend will be spent in the sun with a few beers. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
Only 1 thing wrong with this post - no punctuation :). Come on Wannabe, you’re better than that! :)

Wannabe2

Unfortunately a honest interview from the coach don’t make very average players better players, we are a side full of very average players that’s a fact.
Only 1 thing wrong with this post - no punctuation :). Come on Wannabe, you’re better than that! :)
Actually Mate I ain’t, unfortunately I am pretty much a moron when it comes to punctuation. Sorry about that but when I was in school, I was only interested in football and girls.

jenks33

Out of curiosity how much of a say do you think PR had in this seasons roster? He was announced on the 12th of May and although he probably signed a while before that I’m guessing we start negotiating with certain players in February/March? I wonder how many of this seasons roster were already signed before PR was appointed. I still think there’s a decent chunk of our roster he wouldn’t have recruited. I’m not saying that’s an excuse to not get the best out of those players but it’s not ideal.