Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

hip check

[Tonight will be about speed. Moving the puck accurately and quickly and working harder than Steelers to find open areas of ice.[/QUOTE]

Things that we normally don't see from this Devil's team.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #50
So end of the 1st it's Devils 1-2 Steelers...

1-0 @ 00:36 - Crawford from Cox and Martin
1-1 @ 08:30 - Vallerand from Balmas and Saucerman (PPG)
1-2 @ 18:21 - Vallerand from Balmas and Saucerman (PPG x2)

moggy#9

To be honest, after that period I'm really questioning what it is that the devils do in training sessions. For all the world they look like they've just met.

Another thing that's obvious is the way that the Steelers never give the puck up cheaply. If they want a line change they retain the puck safely. None of this dumpling it in for a change rubbish.

They Steelers have a system and all of the players have bought into it. Our team needs a clear out this summer.

ASHIPP

Steelers slicker, fitter, faster, stronger. They are squeeezing the life out of us. They swarm the Devils' goal area and virtually close the Devils down at the blue line.
Ully had a fantastic run carrying the puck down to Greenfield, nobody else there to help him.
Devils' powerplay disorganised again. Steelers well drilled with experts...Balmas and Vallerand boss it.
Dislike the dirty orange hockey pants but, boy, they have a good team.

Devils86

Special teams killing us. Need to stay out of the box and ride our luck and this could be closer than I originally thought.

Steelers very quick and so much depth, each line is dangerous. I'm sure that they can afford such luxuries whilst within the imagined gentlemen's agreed cap - after all, Steelers are honest and a professional outfit.

moggy#9

You don't have to resort to suggestions of impropriety on Steelers part for them to be better than us. The devils can't even string two accurate passes together. That's the same problem we've had for the last couple of seasons. Perhaps PR should be doing some peewee level passing drills.

Hedd Wyn John

Well if anyone was still under the belief that the Steelers would collapse in January & the Devils would be firmly in the title hunt, I think this should put those thoughts to bed.