Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Murmurs that #88 is back for tonight, massive news if so. I'm quietly confident for a result - bring the noise and the boys make a statement early. We've beat the cones once this year, why not again.

Swarley

In going with a 7-4 steelers win.

Its not that I don't have faith in the lads, but this team misfires more than an old junker with a dodgy spark plug and the steelers have been on a decent run.

Losing tonight could be the kick up the ass the team and coach needs for them to see that the new devils hockey isn't compatible with the league right now.

ASHIPP

One person could be a difference maker and the Return of GOAT should lift our players as much as it's lifting us. Let's hope they respond with a great performance.

Mooney#16

Now I don’t mean to piss on anyone’s chips but Joey has 5 points on 14 games this year. Whilst good news it’s not a huge game changer.

The three players who need to be big tonight is Barrow, Busch and Alderson. They have to get into the net front and establish an effective screen. Sheffield will score. Devils need to have an offensive performance that produces at least 3 goals. Any less and they will lose. And unfortunately for the blood thirsty play massively disciplined as Steelers will kill you if give up PP time so chasing hits might not be on the cards. Tonight will be about speed. Moving the puck accurately and quickly and working harder than Steelers to find open areas of ice.

E.D.S.

Now I don’t mean to piss on anyone’s chips but Joey has 5 points on 14 games this year. Whilst good news it’s not a huge game changer.

The three players who need to be big tonight is Barrow, Busch and Alderson. They have to get into the net front and establish an effective screen. Sheffield will score. Devils need to have an offensive performance that produces at least 3 goals. Any less and they will lose. And unfortunately for the blood thirsty play massively disciplined as Steelers will kill you if give up PP time so chasing hits might not be on the cards. Tonight will be about speed. Moving the puck accurately and quickly and working harder than Steelers to find open areas of ice.
Nailed it!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #33
Lots of changes to Devils lines

Cox - Martin - Sanford
Ully - Arniel - Barrow
Waller - Crandall - Alderson
Brandt - Busch - Davies

Crawford - Mosey
Richardson - Wilde
Batch - Pietroniro

Bowns
Wall
Out of interest and because I haven't seen a game for a while, what were the original lineups? If there were settled lines of course?

Perhaps one for @Finny ?

The_Stick_

Out of interest and because I haven't seen a game for a while, what were the original lineups? If there were settled lines of course?

Perhaps one for @Finny ?
Due to injuries/roster changes, we’ve very rarely had consistent lines

Prior to injuries to Martin and Donaghey however, we looked something like -

Crandall - Arniel - Ully
Cox-Martin-Sanford
Alderson-Busch-Waller
Barrow-Davies-Brandt

Crawford-Mosey
Donaghey-Rymsha
Richardson-Batch

Bowns
Wall

This was the lineup that played in the 3-2 victory in Belfast in early November

E.D.S.

Lots of changes to Devils lines

Cox - Martin - Sanford
Ully - Arniel - Barrow
Waller - Crandall - Alderson
Brandt - Busch - Davies

Crawford - Mosey
Richardson - Wilde
Batch - Pietroniro

Bowns
Wall

I don't follow the logic of this but then again, I'm not the coach and this team will probably win 4-0 with all goals coming from the first line but..... I haven't seen that first line firing at all yet, and we seem to be flogging a dead horse! (I've properly lined myself up for an epic fail now!)

The_Stick_

I don't follow the logic of this but then again, I'm not the coach and this team will probably win 4-0 with all goals coming from the first line but..... I haven't seen that first line firing at all yet, and we seem to be flogging a dead horse! (I've properly lined myself up for an epic fail now!)
They have been separated for quite some time now. With Sanford firing again, and Martin coming back from injury I think it’s worth a look at

hip check

Surely if you have a team that you need to read the riot act for them to come out and win, you’re in trouble and they have no right being here. Surely the urge, need and pure commitment in a real player comes naturally, for me we have some good players, but we don’t have a TEAM, we have 20 players but we don’t have a team. Steelers have a team, players who play for each other and look after each other, we dont have that unfortunately.
Unfortunately you speak too much sense, we have little fight or grunt in our current incumbents.

hip check

so we got. steelers on the 3rd and storm on the 6th and Giants on the 7th , if we lose all 3 then the season is a disaster. then every player needs to be looked at what they have contributed in the last 2 seasons, regardless if they are the untouchables. and then the underperformers got -rid of. and whoever is doing recruiting is looked at also. will anything change i doubt it? as it stands, we look like a midtable team, will players of good quality want to come anymore? next season? and also when you enjoy watching Fife of Flames play more than us then something is wrong. we are so boring to watch most of the time.
We fill the arena virtually every game, its quite bewildering with our team stuttering from a good win to an embarrassing defeat and so on and so on. The on ice product imo is lacking somewhat with this team. It does seem on some occasions that the team can't be assed to put the effort in which makes it somewhat confusing why the arena is on most occasions full, am I missing something?

kingmo19.1

Unbelievably, it feels a bit last chance saloon for us tonight, lose this and we’re 99.9% unlikely to win the league.

If we don’t finish the first period behind I think we could scrape a result tonight.

hip check

I'm expecting maximum effort and a narrow spirited loss, with Alderson skating around with a chip on his shoulder making Tansy think twice.
Is that with Alderson playing to coaches orders or because he has got some balls?

Last edited: