Devils Vs Steelers - 5th Jan 2014 - 6pm - Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1

We will be running the “ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased” and “Pantomime Script” like Match Night Live service for this game, expect name calling, slurs and one eyed bias in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

We will be updating you live from the Inferno “News desk” at the rink thanks to the great guys at Analysis Technologies. If you’d like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Also if you can't make it down and you don't want to miss any of the action and reading the game isn’t enough you can get the on Devils live TV here Shttp://cardiffdevilstv.net/ for a jolly reasonable £8.

Jones72

I may get banned for this but how the hell can Lord be penalised for boarding when it was him that had his head shoved into the boards?

Hicks is a twat.

Nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Skippy

Thread starter #4
Jones72 said:
I may get banned for this but how the hell can Lord be penalised for boarding when it was him that had his head shoved into the boards?

Hicks is a twat.

Nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
I've been calling him worse on MNL so your safe on the Banning score :D

Very proud of our efforts tonight.

with this being our 3rd game in 4 nights and a long haul 10 hour drive from Scotland yesterday, I was fearing the worst!

Very good point.

Temme

Great win tonight. Some awesome performances.

Congratulations Phil Hill on over celebrating your first goal in 22 games for your new club.
With one whole goal and 2 whole assists I'm glad to see it's working out for you there.

Hicks made that game almost unwatchable, one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen!

However take nothing away from the way we played tonight, when the going got tough in the first it was great to see the fire in the eyes of everyone, especially lord and Marsh!

Temme said:
Hicks made that game almost unwatchable, one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen!
Watching the webcast, the commentators thought made 2 bad calls all night, one on each team.

I thought apart from the Lord penalty and Danny Meyers penalty Hicks had a good game.

Temme

Joesteeler said:
Temme said:
Watching the webcast, the commentators thought made 2 bad calls all night, one on each team.

I thought apart from the Lord penalty and Danny Meyers penalty Hicks had a good game.

There were a large number of incorrect calls that he made, it's rare you see the winning team complaining about the referee but it nearly boiled over in the first as a result.

The boarding penalty on lord I didn't understand- he got a penalty for boarding himself?

Sheffield had 2 face off infractions which is a minor penalty- the devils complained that if 2 men are thrown for the same team then it's a penalty, however hicks appears to not know this rule.

There was a tripping (or diving) penalty for each team that wasn't called.

Players appeared to be tripped but went down like they were shot.

That's just off the top of my head.

KaneDevils

It was more what he didn't call.
A wins a win yes, but pope and Ragan are still 2 massive meanies and I'm never going to a game ever again.

Nice to see Devils turn it around after last night, espeicallly when we were short on D men.

Great work Cookie in the net, some spectacular saves! Closed down the shootout too!

Was probably the worst refereed game ive seen this season, lots of missed and a few unexplainable ones too!!!

ASHIPP

Great reward for all that hard work. Fantastic result. Devils were on their knees but flogged their guts out tonight.
Despite depleted ranks and diabolical officiating the Guys got the result they deserved.

MOM could have gone to Cookie for terrific saves but the right man got the award. Mark Smith was as relentless and hardworking by the end of P3 as in the first face off. I believe he only took one short break in p1....rest of the time he was on the ice.

Finny

Hicks was a disgrace.
His performance tonight was either blatant cheating or overwhelming incompetence. Either way he shouldn't be allowed to referee in Cardiff again.

I hadn't realised how short benched we were. Well done to the guys for 1. Coming back after last night 2. Keeping their composure when Steelers went down like they thought they were playing with a round ball on grass and 3. killing penalty after penalty and getting that penalty shot win.

I for one will be there on Wednesday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Diafol

That was possibly the worst display of refereeing I've seen in 13 years of watching the Devils, and God knows there's been some keen competition for that title.

Massive congratulations to the guys for rising above it, especially after last night.

Wannabe2

Got to take my hat off to every player tonigt, I really thought we were in for a pasting, but these lads went thru a brick wall for each other, and that passion and committment was far too much for the Steelers. Hicks was a total joke, but not funny he is a first class twat. Thanks guys for showing me you certainly can dig deep when you have to, steelers were second best tonight and you couldnt fault it.

Wannabe2 said:
Got to take my hat off to every player tonigt, I really thought we were in for a pasting, but these lads went thru a brick wall for each other, and that passion and committment was far too much for the Steelers. Hicks was a total joke, but not funny he is a first class twat. Thanks guys for showing me you certainly can dig deep when you have to, steelers were second best tonight and you couldnt fault it.
+1, and that was against a Steelers team who had an extra player on the ice throughout the game :twisted: Yes number 27, with the orange bands on his arms :oops: managed to get 3 assists tonight. How the hell can we play with an official that is so afraid to be called a homer that he blatantly calls things against Cardiff that don't even exist :DWD

drainage

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - 5th Jan 2014 - 6pm - Chatp

Temme said:
Joesteeler said:
Temme said:

There were a large number of incorrect calls that he made, it's rare you see the winning team complaining about the referee but it nearly boiled over in the first as a result.

The boarding penalty on lord I didn't understand- he got a penalty for boarding himself?

Sheffield had 2 face off infractions which is a minor penalty- the devils complained that if 2 men are thrown for the same team then it's a penalty, however hicks appears to not know this rule.

There was a tripping (or diving) penalty for each team that wasn't called.

Players appeared to be tripped but went down like they were shot.

That's just off the top of my head.
Two instances of too many men .... Missed the puck leaving ice hitting nets ....missed interference on us but less than 10 secs later called us for colliding with a Steeler , the list like his poor form is endless!

DevilDom

Finny said:
Hicks was a disgrace.
His performance tonight was either blatant cheating or overwhelming incompetence. Either way he shouldn't be allowed to referee in Cardiff again.
+1

It all started when Lord was boarded right in front of him, clear as day and he called the Pen against him! Even the Steelers players didn't seem to know how he got it that way around. Nearly spoiled the game and hand the win to them but the Devils managed to beat both him and the Steelers.

Just a thought though, maybe the Devils / PR owe money to CH Sports? ;)