Devils Vs Steelers - 18th & 19th October 2014 - Chat

voth26

just listened to g's interview after the game, he doesnt mention the devils once in name only refering to us as them, i used to have huge respect for g but sadly now not so much, to me he certainly seems a different person since going back to squeeler land.

Must admit I thought the same thing after seeing that interview and reading his comments before the game,he certainly doesn't come across as the same G I have known for many years,maybe it's just the pressures of coaching Sheffield.

Have Hope#35

I've thought that his last couple of interviews have sounded almost robotic... He also comes across like he's physically/mentally drained as he sounds emotionless!

drainage

voth26 said:
just listened to g's interview after the game, he doesnt mention the devils once in name only refering to us as them, i used to have huge respect for g but sadly now not so much, to me he certainly seems a different person since going back to squeeler land.
Thought it was just me ....get he is a Steeler now but expected a slightly more respectful approach , if that's the right word!

KaneDevils

Why are we surprised after how he was treated by Ronald Ragan? Probably still hurting?
He did bloody well here with the budget he had and signed some corkers!
There's little sentiment in sport.

Wannabe2

KaneDevils said:
Why are we surprised after how he was treated by Ronald Ragan? Probably still hurting?
Spot on mate, inside G will always be a Devil, and put up with more shite than anyone can imagine.

drainage

Wannabe2 said:
KaneDevils said:
Spot on mate, inside G will always be a Devil, and put up with more shite than anyone can imagine.
He did but not from the fans , the team or the current owners to my knowledge ?

It's fine to hold a grudge but hold it for those that earnt it ......and as it happens I have no idea what he thinks but would guess he would get some stick if he wasn't trotting out the Steelers party line

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
danhall76 said:
G's loyalty is to the Steelers now. What were we expecting? He's talked like just about any other coach from what I can see.
+1
Exactly. I'm pretty certain G will always feel close to the Devils. He doesn't have to show that in interviews whilst coaching another club.
Remember him for all the work and effort he put in to our club. ;)

ASHIPP

G is Steelers now despite his long tenure at Devils. As an opposition coach he will show no sentiment. And as opposition fans we can be critical of his tactics and his team.

Cant help thinking that underneath might be a tiny bit of green eye at what the Devils are quickly developing into. Am sure he woud have seen and heard that himself on Sunday at the BBT. Add in the complete lack of Steelers' away support!

Anyway don't worry too much folks, he's always got that hockey conundrum that is Phil Hill to fall back on. Releasing Hill was one of the better decisions BP made last year.

drainage

ASHIPP said:
G is Steelers now despite his long tenure at Devils. As an opposition coach he will show no sentiment. And as opposition fans we can be critical of his tactics and his team.

Cant help thinking that underneath might be a tiny bit of green eye at what the Devils are quickly developing into. Am sure he woud have seen and heard that himself on Sunday at the BBT. Add in the complete lack of Steelers' away support!

Anyway don't worry too much folks, he's always got that hockey conundrum that is Phil Hill to fall back on. Releasing Hill was one of the better decisions BP made last year.
I guess we all wanted him to remember how we supported him but yes he now has a different allegiance and it's only right he remembers who the pay master is .....as for Hill he was incredibly chippy on Sunday how he wasn't called beggers belief but tend to agree. For a player of his size he should have shown more in my view there are better Brits out there

Ocko

And even if you forget the fact G never had a powerplay or a plan B our player coach is now one of if not the best players on this team. For all the effort G gave, which he cannot be faulted for, he was nowhere near Lord's playing level.

It's sad the way it ended for G but I think we are in a stronger position now coaching wise and also on recruitment. This is the best and most exciting team I've seen in the EIHL era.

mazza03

Wannabe2 said:
KaneDevils said:
For once I disagree with you Glyn, G is a Steeler through and through now, me no likee :(

bb1

What winds me up is how chippy/dirty guys like Hilly are when they they come back to BBT. They hardly played that way for us under G so why now....bitterness maybe. Who knows. Onwards and upwards but all I can say is WHAT A TEAM WE HAVE!

Koop11

I was fortunate to have been at both games last weekend and despite a split weekend in terms of result, the shared outcome was entertainment. This team is delivering what Kelman assured. Whilst some ropey officiating and mainly ill discipline on Saturday costing us the game, I was more than entertained with the performance. The home game was something else. Best atmosphere I’ve heard in a long time with the Brits leading the way with some stellar performances.

Finny

bb1 said:
What winds me up is how chippy/dirty guys like Hilly are when they they come back to BBT. They hardly played that way for us under G so why now....bitterness maybe. Who knows. Onwards and upwards but all I can say is WHAT A TEAM WE HAVE!
Opposition fans used to always claim Hill was one of the dirtiest players in the league, especially with his stick and late elbowing.