Devils Vs Steelers - 18th & 19th October 2014 - Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This weekend the Devils take on the Steelers away on Saturday and at home in Cardiff on Sunday

There will be web casts available for both games with Saturdays being here https://sheffieldsteelers.tv/ and Sundays on the Devils web site.

We will attempt to run the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for these games, if we can as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keeprs not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

As things stand we havent as yet sorted out a host but will look to update this post once we have it covered.

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

We will update this post as the game draws closer.

danhall76 said:
How's o Connor been doing? Has he been in Kazakhstan all this time?
I think Ben has been the most successful Brit to make a go of it over there and has been in Kazak for a few years now.

Interestingly Arlan Kokshetau was the team Richie was with ( and left mid season) so not sure whether this particular team is suited for Brits.

Temme

Bens points in Kazakstan are frighteningly good.

Excited that we'll get to see him play as he is probably the best current British player out there.

Finny

The ticket sales for the Sunday game so far are quite astonishing. There are still three days to go and we have less than 900 tickets remaining.

Which means that either those people who usually buy them on the day or the day before have bought them in advance this time.
Or we are on course for another massive crowd. Possibly a sell-out if Sheffield bring a decent number?

Temme

He was the 1st in D scoring in the league last year, 8th highest overall!

Also finished last year on 51 games, 56 points... +/- of +57 ... Highest +/- in the entire league.

The nearest guy to him had +42, so he had it by quite some margin...

He also had the highest D points the year before, and was second in the league for +/-.

That's some going.

ASHIPP

Whilst O'Connor is rated as the best British defenceman, he has been vocal about his view on British ice hockey. Get the impression this is a temp stop at Steelers before he moves to another overseas league.
Think we have a fantastic pair of British dmen at the Devils. Richie rated up there with O'Connor for years, Josh Batch an exciting young prospect. We're happy.
;)

See Dave'DonCherry' Simms predicts a Steelers' win tomorrow night. He's obviously forgotten one of the few losses the Steelers have had up there this season was against the
Devils.

If our Guys play as well as they did last weekeend, they are in with a chance.
Steelers have Dowd and 2 others missing. Hopefully only Matthew missing for us.

Simms always predicts a Steelers win. No matter who we are playing.

I'm not sure how this will go. Cardiff are the strongest team Steelers have played in a while. I think it could be a split weekend between the two teams, however, I'd like to think Steelers are in with a chance of winning both. The team is looking good this year.

jimmy snels

voth26 said:
is g trying mind games by saying we have plenty of weakness's in the team???
I'd say his style of dump and chase, recruitment of players that we deem not good enough and no plan B EVER should be his concerns not our lads!

I honestly hope we really mix it up with them. We haven't bullied teams in these games anywhere near enough in the past. Lets see how Hewitt likes it if we actually stand up to his cheap shots? We all know how quickly that hill bottles ANY physical confrontation, lets get into them and make their team mates step up.

Your casual Steelers fan will call this an easy four point weekend.

As for me, I see a split. Both very good on home ice and I think that's the way it'll go. Personally, I think it's easier for us to go win a game at the House of Tin than it is for the Steelers to win a game in the BBT.

Four points is a big ask. I'll be delighted with two.

mazza03

drummer-sean said:
Your casual Steelers fan will call this an easy four point weekend.

As for me, I see a split. Both very good on home ice and I think that's the way it'll go. Personally, I think it's easier for us to go win a game at the House of Tin than it is for the Steelers to win a game in the BBT.

Four points is a big ask. I'll be delighted with two.
But we want four :Banana :pickle

Four Points this weekend would do nicely, will be following on MNL with my glass of vinto tinto at my side. To upset your further it is very hot here in Puerto de la Cruz.

OJ