Devils Vs steelers - 03 Feb 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils 'invite' the steelers to the bay on Sunday night. Its fair to say steelers have been having a bad time of it recently only saving themselves from the 'Edinburgh Slot' by the struggles that MKL have been enduring. Still a team on the night that can be dangerous and you know they will raise their game against the Devils. Font of all Hockey knowledge David Simms assures us that last time we played them, the steelers deserved both points despite the fact we scored more actual goals than them. Hopefully this will be a chance for the steelers to lose more convincingly and spare him the confusion.

T10P

Hi there,

Looking forward to seeing my first game in years and my first visit to IAW!

Just to check, are we still able to park on Morrisons?
No, avoid Morrison’s as you may get a parking ticket. They usually open the Toys R Us car park directly opposite the viola, it’s secure parking and costs £3. Or you can park at the swimming pool or try the actual viola car park (don’t bother if you’re not early)

Devils86

As ever we let the Steelers in straightafter scoring the opener. Seems a regular occurrence that we work hard to score but then almost immediately give up a soft one.

After that things didn’t really go our way, a few sloppy turnovers mid-ice and a few too many stretch passes which didn’t come off.

The come back from 3-1 down however will have done us the world of good and by the end it was back to normal service and thankfully arrested a couple game losing streak.

A long way to go. Considering no Haddad, Mosey or Ulmer that’s a great result.

Edit: Having checked the fixtures, next weekend is massive again. Giants home double-header against Guildford on the Friday and Saturday who then face us on the Sunday. Let’s hope the Flames Do a better job of taking points off the Giants than the Flyers did - and knacker themselves out in the process for the Sunday. Giants going to Panthers on Sunday as well.

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Excellent comeback from the Devils tonight. As predicted the Giants saw off Nottingham so this win was vital. We had a mixed first period & after going down 3-1 I was worried that we were on for another defeat but I gotta say the Devils stepped up a gear & played some slick hockey.

Diablo3

I thought we were in for a bad night, but well done the Devils for turning it around in style. A few stand outs, but the one that I enjoyed most was Pope. He got stuck in and delivered a solid shift. After the stick he's been taking lately, I thought that was the perfect response.

jimmy snels

great come back that. good to see louis sticking up for the team, we need him edgy like that.
thought the officials had a poor night, no more encapsulated than not seeing that goal blatantly go in or the embellishment call on benti. Darnell has been a total prat against Nottingham then followed it up tonight. glad it didn't effect the result.

kristian

Steelers coaches didn't wait around for the normal handshakes after the game is the normal for them this season? Last time we played them at home Thommo was still boss. I know he not keen on an interview but a polite handshake.

Wannabe2

I thought we were in for a bad night, but well done the Devils for turning it around in style. A few stand outs, but the one that I enjoyed most was Pope. He got stuck in and delivered a solid shift. After the stick he's been taking lately, I thought that was the perfect response.
If your talking about standouts surely you should be talking about Linglet, pure, pure class.

august04

A much needed 2 points and Devils played some nice stuff in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Sheffield have improved but they’re still one of the weakest Steelers teams I’ve ever seen - very, very average. It’s incredible that a team with their budget can get it so wrong this season. Nice one Thommo, shame you’re not still there.

voth26

Not being funny here but Pope wasn’t a standout, Martin who played 2/3rds of the game was, Linglet who was sublime was, Myers who was everywhere was. This isn’t a knock at Pope, but he certainly wasn’t a standout.
We all see games differently, I thought Pope had his best game for a while one play that stands out was in the 2nd when he lost and edge and still retained control and possession of the puck when on his knees, he threw some checks and hits in the mix.

jimmy snels

yeah agree, he looked like he was trying considerably harder to me but that is just what i would expect anyway off someone playing for us. standouts were clearly linglet martin and big lou on D for me. Livingston did look busy tonight as well. i hope we aren't going to be saying he's amazing because he's bitched about the fans on twitter. if anything im going to be watching him much closer