Devils Vs Stars- CC Quarters - 27 Jan - 7:30pm- Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Devils carry a 3 goal lead into this game but need to put the Stars away early to make sure they progress to the next round.

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look, its also worth looking for them on Youtube for interviews and features.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Temme

First goal will be crucial, as it always is.

It's difficult to see anything other than Devils progressing though.

Who sits tomorrow night I wonder?

Maybe Lord?

Have Hope#35

BostonBart22 said:
my take would be to rest salters for this one and have him all guns blazing v panthers on saturday. ;)
I'd be surprised to see Salters or Kurka sat again... I'm sure there's someone else who's in need of a rest!

ASHIPP

The decision of who to rest may well be dictated by injuries. All teams have players carrying knocks and playing on. This game is massive...our best team possible needs to be out there.

Whilst 3 goals is a reasonable lead, it's the worst kind of gap. If the Devils take their foot off the gas, collapse in p2 or take that lead for granted in any way, Stars will get back into the game. Steelers had a massive shock at home last week when Fife fought back.

They have some really skilled forwards like Dickenson, Chaumont and Wetmore.
They have just replaced their v good goalie with another v good goalie.

Temme

ASHIPP said:
The decision of who to rest may well be dictated by injuries. All teams have players carrying knocks and playing on. This game is massive...our best team possible needs to be out there.

Whilst 3 goals is a reasonable lead, it's the worst kind of gap. If the Devils take their foot off the gas, collapse in p2 or take that lead for granted in any way, Stars will get back into the game. Steelers had a massive shock at home last week when Fife fought back.

They have some really skilled forwards like Dickenson, Chaumont and Wetmore.
They have just replaced their v good goalie with another v good goalie.
I just hope Lordo finds a way to get the boys going immediately rather than have them with a 3-0 mentality. It's difficult to get back into these games if we start like that. We need to go into this like any other game and ensure we take the W before we think about progressing.

Interestingly, Lordo said in his interview that Kurka was a healthy scratch last weekend, and I'm told Salters was a healthy scratch vs Sheffield.

If players are carrying slight knocks, fair enough, we have a massive game Saturday vs the Panthers but of course need to overcome tomorrow night first.

My guess would be Lord/Haddad as a scratch. I think Lord purely because he may want to see it from the bench as it's a game that we SHOULD win.

Although in saying that, Hendo took a sore one vs Fife so that's another option.

voth26

Big game tomorrow night, hopefully a full rocking BBT to get the team going. For me we need both the game win and performance to get some momentum and confidence going in the business end of the season. We don't have to chase the game but we cant sit back either like the recent steelers game, we need to come out flying with a couple of quick goals and keep the pressure on the stars, sounds easy lol

3-0 is far from unassailable, although being at home certainly helps. I'm sure a lot of people remember the Challenge Cup final second leg in Cardiff, after losing 3-0 in Coventry. Rempel scored early, and the rest was history!

Hopefully Lord will rotate the scratches to give players a rest. I'm sure that would be welcomed by a lot of them, and would ensure that we have the fittest and healthiest squad for the business end of the season.

Temme

Earnie said:
The Dundee Stars are travelling down today. (Tuesday)

Interesting.

I wonder if they've arranged a Tuesday night training session or something on our ice just to get a better feel for the smaller surface?

I'd be amazed if we let this slip, we average over 4.5 goals a game at home and with a three goal lead I just cant see Stars knocking us out. 1 goal is our lowest scored at home this year,even if we match that Stars really will have to play well to progress.

fried egg said:
I'd be amazed if we let this slip, we average over 4.5 goals a game at home and with a three goal lead I just cant see Stars knocking us out. 1 goal is our lowest scored at home this year,even if we match that Stars really will have to play well to progress.
Good post. Interesting to see how much we score on home ice. No wonder we aren't losing many!

rolf

ha ha bloody ha. lost stream at 1-0, got it back just long enough to clock it is now 3-1 then lost again. 3 games now in a row. in a word gash. given the way this team play with the tie now 6-1 devils. if it does come back the game is dead and i'll watch 2 periods more shite like against fife...........................r

osh

Wasn't at the game last night and was looking forward to seeing what folks thought about the game, not much looking at the number of posts ;)

Temme

To be blunt, job done after 20 and Devils shut off after the first.

Score line didn't reflect the game, one team cruising the other quickly running out of ideas.

With all due respect to Dundee, it was always going to be a nothing game.

Devils for the most part sat 3 people across the back and clogged up the middle keeping ,Dundee away from net

youngbob

Devils went into that game with a 3 goal cushion

At 20:56 it was 4-1 in this leg, and looking unassailable

At 47:07 it was 5-5 and looking shaky

At 52:32 and 6-6, losing that cusshion was always unlikely, but Dundee had scored 5 to our 2

If Dundee hadn't taken a penalty at 57:09 it might well have been a loss on the second leg

Got the win on the night by the skin of their teeth, not overly impressive performance